2010 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Engine shuts down completely
By brices on 07/26/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had only 2,500 miles, weather conditions were hot, a/c was on, driving around town, lots of starting and stopping, gas engine would kick-in at times, and all of a sudden, the car just shuts down. Tracking light goes on, car dies, no power to nothing. Stranded. Had to sit for 30 minutes, tried it again, and worked, took to Haggerty Ford, found no error codes, nothing wrong, said maybe we blocked vents in back, there were not blocked, 1,500 miles later, same thing happened with same conditions, not, humid, a/c running, short trips around town, car completely dies out. Taking it to Ford dealer again, Has this happened to anybody out there. We've totally lost any confidence in this car.

Loving my "Great Escape"
By TybeeNorthBeachGal on 05/24/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a brand new (proud) owner and so far am wowed by the car. I love driving and being up where I can see everything around me. I am thrilled with all the great toys from the sound system to Sync with hands free navigation and phone. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the technology but everything is easy to operate and intuitive. I am especially pleased with the gas mileage after "swapping" my inefficient German all-wheel drive for an American hybrid. The car is everything I hoped for and more.

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
By Penny on 02/15/10 19:38 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my Ford Escape Hybrid for two weeks but so far I absolutely love it. Incredibly fun to drive; excellent mileage; very good-looking SUV; not too big; Options are just great. I got Limited version with all upgrades. First SUV, first Ford, first Hybrid and I am very happy so far. Proud to own an American car that was clearly designed to provide great quality across the board.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid in VA is:

$135 per month*