Used 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

I love this thing!
By St Mari

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've put almost 13,000 miles on my Hybrid since getting it in March. It came loaded, with options I didn't need or want, but now that I have them, I can't imagine not having them.

Auto park, cameras, Sirius radio, mileage, looks,heated seats, overall, everything!

Maybe have the rear hatch open off the remote? Also, have different levels of heat available for the seats---they heat up quickly and hot!

Engine shuts down completely
By brices

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had only 2,500 miles, weather conditions were hot, a/c was on, driving around town, lots of starting and stopping, gas engine would kick-in at times, and all of a sudden, the car just shuts down. Tracking light goes on, car dies, no power to nothing. Stranded. Had to sit for 30 minutes, tried it again, and worked, took to Haggerty Ford, found no error codes, nothing wrong, said maybe we blocked vents in back, there were not blocked, 1,500 miles later, same thing happened with same conditions, not, humid, a/c running, short trips around town, car completely dies out. Taking it to Ford dealer again, Has this happened to anybody out there. We've totally lost any confidence in this car.

Just what I was looking for.
By Keith W

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid for two months. It has much better acceleration than our Honda civic Hybrid and much more room. I am getting 28-32 mpg around town and up to 34 mpg on the highway. I really like the fog lights at night even if there is no fog. It is easy to park and fits into our garage easily. It has a lot of cargo space with in or both back seats down. The seats are firm and adjustable. I get gas every two weeks whether I need it or not. Dual comfort zones are a plus.

Comfortable front seats, fog lights, hybrid, keyless entry.

Fun to drive, great mileage!
By Mari

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am almost at 5,000 miles with my '10 Escape Hybrid. I love this truck! I'm averaging between 31.2 - 31.8 mpg so far. I love the Sirius radio, the back- up camera, the chrome, the comfort, the moonroof, the handling, the get-up and go, the leather, I love it all. I traded in a Tribeca Subaru for this. I wished I had done it sooner, but I saw this truck on the lot and was able to negotiate with the kind folks at the dealership. My son had purchased a regular Escape from them back in '05 and has enjoyed his truck and working with the same nice sales staff. This truck is fun to drive, looks sporty, carries more than you can imagine, and saves me $$$ on gas. What's NOT to like?

Gas mileage, handling, options, insurance discount because it is a hybrid!

Maybe make the inside quieter? Just a slight wind noise comes through.

Loving my "Great Escape"
By TybeeNorthBeachGal

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a brand new (proud) owner and so far am wowed by the car. I love driving and being up where I can see everything around me. I am thrilled with all the great toys from the sound system to Sync with hands free navigation and phone. I thought I would be overwhelmed by the technology but everything is easy to operate and intuitive. I am especially pleased with the gas mileage after "swapping" my inefficient German all-wheel drive for an American hybrid. The car is everything I hoped for and more.

Keyless entry, Sync, the wonderful sound system that lets me build a library of music, satellite radio, everything really.

A more dressed out, stylish interior like the new Fusion Limited. Better seats, front and back, with proper adjustments. A continuous cargo cover in the back so there is no opening in the back when the seats are down. I haul animals, groceries and supplies and the break in the carpet is a concern.