2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: What a thing of beauty and dri

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

What a thing of beauty and drive!
By Mike on

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered my 09 Escape Hybrid back in June and just recieved it on 11/26. The inside is gorgeous (love the light blue hue) and if I ever get stranded, I can eat my seats! I love Sync and I finally can listen to Howard Stern in the mornings now on Sirrius. I drive back and fourth into Queens (31 miles from home to work and back). Right now, I've done 200 miles and the gas gauge is just now showing a half a tank..not bad! The car looks bigger; but slightly compared to my 05 EH that I traded in for this one. The hood has been flattened out to make it seem that the car is wider. The acceleration is better and I in fact go electric at 40mph or lower.

The blue hue on the speedometer, gas gauge ect. The center console with the radio and heater is sleek! The info window that shows the outside temp, heat temperature and time is nice. The body...very sexy

The brakes seem more responsive and different than my '05. Hopefully I'll get use to it. Steering feels slightly different. The energy flow system should be standard. $2700 for the energy flow and radio/speaker system is outrageous!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review