2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had too many issues:
1. Steering locking up while driving, had entire column replaced under warranty
2. Rear window leak
3. Missing wiring for heated mirror
4. Busted A/C blend actuator within a year
5. Brakes and rotors needed at 30k, even though the car uses regenerative braking that doesn't even use the pads and rotors above 5mph.
6. Jerky transition to mechanical brakes in rainy weather.
Too loose a transition to mechanical brakes in hot/dry weather.
Grinding / Rubbing noise when turning sharp left that no one has been able to fix.
Just too many issues.
Mileage is great for an SUV.
The SYNC system is awesome.
Car looks sharp, inside and out.
Great pick-up and go for a heavy hybrid.
At least make sure the steering doesn't lock up while I'm driving, and make sure the brakes and rotors will last longer than a normal car.
That was a huge selling point, but now its a huge drawback and liability.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.