No wonder Ford leads the Big 3
By detroit ex-pat on
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I had been looking at the FEH for a while and happened to find the one I wanted a dealer nearby, so I went to check it out. Anyway two hours later I had traded in my 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx for my new FEH. So far I have put about 8600 miles on it in the 4 months I have had the car and I love driving it. I've got a 35 mile commute from the north side of Chicago to the western suburbs (a mix of city, freeway and horrendous traffic), and I feel as though the FEH must have been designed to drive my commute. Long haul trips are a breeze as well with the sync system to entertain (or distract) during long hours behind the wheel.
Favorite Features
Love the sync system and drivers cockpit layout (wish the seat had a lumbar support). Living in Illinois I love the integrated speaker phone, so that I don't have to be one of those people wearing the stupid BT earpiece.
Suggested Improvements
There aren't any hooks to hang dry cleaning in the back seat, the one hook is in the cargo area and can barely hold two hangers. Allow the nav to do more things while it is in motion (especially if there is someone in the passenger seat). Allow sync to load mp3 from usb thumb drives, vs cd only.