Love it! (even after 2 warranty repairs)
By Kyle on
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had my FEH for 4 months now. I love it, it makes my daily commutes in traffic so much better. The sync system is awesome, same with the hands-free phoning, and the satellite radio. I've been getting about 36 mpg - plus it's kinda fun try to keep the tach in the green (battery mode) while driving, it takes a little practice to get good at it - sometimes I even find myself hoping traffic will slow down so I can recharge! On the downside, I have had to take it back to the dealership for two different repairs, will go into more detail below. Overall I am extremely happy with the purchase and would recommend the FEH to anyone (as long as it's still under warranty). It's a great vehicle!
Favorite Features
Unbeatable gas mileage for an SUV, especially in traffic (~36 mpg). Unexpectedly powerful when you really need it (will use gas and electric at same time if you floor it). Sync system (you can control your iPod with voice commands). Blue-tooth (hands free phone ability). Satellite radio. Rides high.
Suggested Improvements
There was a leak in the exhaust manifold that was fixed under warranty (would've been $1600 though). Also a warranty repair to stop a loud creaking noise(parts in the subframe were rubbing against each other). Both had TSBs so Ford knows about them. The fabric seats stain from small amounts of water.