2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Got a great deal - cash for my

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Got a great deal - cash for my clunker
By George on

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wow, with a Cash-for-Clunker deal already from the dealer for $4500 (my 1991 Ford Explorer), and $958 tax credit Federal and $3,906 tax credit (yes!) Colorado, I got a great deal, so this Hybrid wasn't so expensive for us. Being a "Full Hybrid", both the Electric Motor and gas Engine drive the wheels at the same time, and usually electric-only under 40 mph unless you step on it. When coasting downhill over 40 mph, the gas engine is on, but not using gas, as the fuel injectors close. Amazinghow it all works. Great gas milage so far - 32 mpg mostly city so far and have driven less than 1,000 miles.

Large wide center console for both our elbows. Smoothness of ride and a very solid car, inside and out. Like sitting high. Great radio/CD sound and dash layout. Michelin Latitude Tour tires are specially made for hybrid, giving 1 more mpg.

Rear disc brakes would be better than the drums, but have no braking complaints.