2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: An awesome car overall - love

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

An awesome car overall - love it!
By csports786 on

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car about a month ago and have been thoroughly impressed so far! I went with the limited edition one and I'm very happy I did--the navigation is one of the best in the industry, not to mention to helpful fuel economy screen and Sirius information. I believe I'm on my 4th tank of gas, and my last one got 31.5 MPG overall. You can cruise to 40 MPH on electric if you don't accelerate too hard, and the Econ AC is a huge plus. One problem is the interior design--the doors are made of cheap looking plastic material that gets scuffed easily. But don't let this fool you, the car is amazing, and if you hurry you can still get a pretty nice tax credit that helps offset the hybrid premium.

Exterior body styling, consistent MPG, moonroof, navigation, satellite radio and travel link, stereo system, very smooth ride, steering wheel audio controls, SYNC is very useful! In dash power outlet and USB mp3 player hookup

Better interior design, it looks too cheap; price is a bit high but tax credit helps offset it; the reviews are right: engine noise can be somewhat loud when accelerating, and freeway noise is noticeable is a bit annoying too. Not much else, I love the car overall!