2009 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Wow
By timmy on 09/25/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle is just amazing. Averaging 31.5 MPG and I drive 38 miles one way to work, about 25 miles of which is 60 MPH+ highways. I never dreamed I would see this kind of mileage in a 4wd SUV. The ride is very comfortable and smooth even on shoddy michigan roads, but it is not floaty, sloshy, or sluggish like a lot of other SUV's or larger cars can feel. Plenty of power when you step on it - like they advertise it feels like a v-6 when you need it to. I rarely push it though because I'm always concious of mileage. Feel lucky to own it despite the cost - see favorite features below.

Great Hybrid
By Hook686 on 09/18/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In this volatile economic world, I find it a real plus to have a motor vehicle that yields me 30-44 mpg of gasoline. This 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited does that for me thus far, and is just plan fun to drive I'm still on my first tank of gas and getting to know the SYNC & NAV systems, but thus far I am really pleased. An SUV that gets me 42 mpg around town. I really like that. I will update this as my time with the SUV increases, but for now I could not be happier with my choice

An awesome car overall - love it!
By csports786 on 09/15/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car about a month ago and have been thoroughly impressed so far! I went with the limited edition one and I'm very happy I did--the navigation is one of the best in the industry, not to mention to helpful fuel economy screen and Sirius information. I believe I'm on my 4th tank of gas, and my last one got 31.5 MPG overall. You can cruise to 40 MPH on electric if you don't accelerate too hard, and the Econ AC is a huge plus. One problem is the interior design--the doors are made of cheap looking plastic material that gets scuffed easily. But don't let this fool you, the car is amazing, and if you hurry you can still get a pretty nice tax credit that helps offset the hybrid premium.

2nd time hybrid owner
By Riley on 08/15/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm proud to say this is my 2nd Escape hybrid. I know it's still new. I have only had it for a couple of weeks now, but I'm impressed. I had a 2005 Escape Hybrid and to be honest this is why I now have a second one. I traded the 05 in on this one and I have been thrilled on the improvements Ford has done on this vehicle. Tha mileage is better, the ride is better, even the looks are better. I'm impressed. I think Ford has a winner with this one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*