2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: 09' AWD Escape Hybrid Base Rev

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

09' AWD Escape Hybrid Base Review - 167K Miles
By acd72 on

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

All in all it has been a solid vehicle. No major repairs. Bought used from a dealer 2.5yrs ago w/ 40K. I drive 50K miles/yr for work. In the summer I avg 28-31MPG. In the winter 26-27mpg. Not sure how much cold weather affects mileage, because I let the car warm up in the driveway regulary. Recently my wife started driving and avgs 23-25MPG. Thought something wrong, so I reset the mpg. It went up to 30. I believe the driver has the most impact on MPG.

-Acceleration, especially being a Hybrid -AWD . No issues in MI winter -Capless fueltank! Filling up 3-4x/wk you'll appreciate it -Reliable. No issues after 167,000 miles (knock on wood)

-Sync System Clumsy (Bluetooth Stereo feature is nice) -Back seats are a pain to fold -Steering Whee leather is peeling -Satellite Radio changes stations very slow. If you go to fast it just quits -Cabin could be quieter -Don't get the cloth seats if you have short haired dogs (pain to clean) -Gas Engine turns on if A/C is on (Ford has changed this with newer models of Escape Hybrid) -At 50K miles/yr, I save roughly 340gallons of gas over same year gas model. about $100/mo in gas. - New gas models get better MPG (Probably why the hybrid version is no longer offered) -Brakes are very touchy after rain (don't know if that is a characteristic of my NAPA ceramic brake pads or the regen system