2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Well worth the money

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Well worth the money
By EHF on

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quiet except under heavy acceleration, ecconomical and comfortable. I have put almost 2000 miles on the car and like it very much. I especially like the fuel economy, and the comfort. In addition it is easy to park, and handles well. We bought the vehicle for economy, choosing it over the Toyota Highlander for both price and fuel economy. The Highlander is $5500 more on base price, and has poorer fuel economy. In all everything feels tight, is overall quiet, and compact. I have not experienced any tip-up issues in cornering, but I don't drive it like a car so I probably will not. My longest trip was 8.5 hours, 420 miles. The car was very comfortable for the entire trip and averaged 38 MPG.

Favorite Features

Economy, comfort, ease of parking, maneuverability, audio (bought the Nav system with the high end audio), appearance, price ($27,700 total), and very low emissions. The material for the seats is very good, and is 100% recycled material.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the backup sensors made standard on all Escapes, and would like to see the stability control which is standard on the other Escape models added to the Hybrid, though with the extra weight of the battery pack in the rear it may not be needed.