2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Traded Hummer H2 SUT and Very

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Traded Hummer H2 SUT and Very Happy!
By Craig Y in Dallas on

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I bought my FEH in May 2007, I was looking for a more economical replacement for my Hummer H2 that I absolutely loved, that is until I had to feed it! I was spending $600 - $900 per month on fuel and could no longer justify that expense. I did not want to buy the 4WD FEH initially until I could determine whether I could be happy in the pint sized replacement. I purchased the 2008 FEH FWD and to my absolute amazement, it surpassed my expectations in every way! It not only delivers 2.5 to 3 times the gas milease I was getting in my H2 but it had more cargo space and great acceleration. From my home in Dallas, I regularly get 32 - 37 MPG driving to and from Austin.

Comfortable seats, DVD navigation with 1 DVD for entire U.S and Canada, and Sirius XM satellite radio!

More optional equipment for the Hybrid. Not all optional equipment for non-hybrid Escape will work with FEH. Specifically, I wanted integrated Bluetooth kit and Homelink (garage door opener) rear view mirror. In both cases, wiring harness will not work on Hybrid. Still not available in 2009!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review