Traded Hummer H2 SUT and Very Happy!
By Craig Y in Dallas on
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
When I bought my FEH in May 2007, I was looking for a more economical replacement for my Hummer H2 that I absolutely loved, that is until I had to feed it! I was spending $600 - $900 per month on fuel and could no longer justify that expense. I did not want to buy the 4WD FEH initially until I could determine whether I could be happy in the pint sized replacement. I purchased the 2008 FEH FWD and to my absolute amazement, it surpassed my expectations in every way! It not only delivers 2.5 to 3 times the gas milease I was getting in my H2 but it had more cargo space and great acceleration. From my home in Dallas, I regularly get 32 - 37 MPG driving to and from Austin.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, DVD navigation with 1 DVD for entire U.S and Canada, and Sirius XM satellite radio!
Suggested Improvements
More optional equipment for the Hybrid. Not all optional equipment for non-hybrid Escape will work with FEH. Specifically, I wanted integrated Bluetooth kit and Homelink (garage door opener) rear view mirror. In both cases, wiring harness will not work on Hybrid. Still not available in 2009!