Hybrid vs. Quality
By jeb on
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was determined to buy a hybrid and I guess I was lucky to get one but I had to pay a premium for it. I am not sure it was worth it - I think you give up quality in other areas. I will have to say that the quality is no where near as nice as the Expedition I had prior. Some of the interior and exterior portions of the car are cheap plastic and scratch very easy. have a fully loaded model except for the navigation system. I am getting about 25 miles to the gallon but if you like to stay cool during the summer months forget driving in electric mode - the one thing they don't tell you is you won't go electic with the AC on even in econ mode!
Favorite Features
The car comes with a backing up indicator that is great - if you use it you should never back up into anything again! And the split fold down seats are a must in this car!
Suggested Improvements
1) Re-design the way to fold down the back seats, way too many steps to be efficient. 2) add hanger for cloths - there is only one at the back left side which blocks your vision. It should be on the dirver side. 3) the seat belt scratches the walls of the interior and is really hard to get out.