Disappointed in MPG
By Mater2 on
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I did my research and this vehicle stood out as far as looks and supposed mileage. I really love it in general. Very smooth ride, and fun to drive though the braking system takes some getting use to. I am however very disappointed in the mileage. I consistently get 25mpg MAX (after 1200 miles). From the other reviews, this is very low. I have a friend with a 2006 that gets over 30, has from the beginning. I don't know if I have a "lemon", but Ford will not even hear about mileage issues until 10,000 miles. Even though 25 is good for a SUV, it's not that much more than my Explorer. And I'm driving very conscientously. I recently drove a rented Charger, that got this mileage!
Favorite Features
Enjoy all of the "bells and whistles" that did not have on Explorer. Very smooth ride, and quiet. Handles well, fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Wish more color choices, "Auto" headlights do not come on soon enough when getting dark. Better design of front plate mount. Nicer rims, and tires for price. Need interior "handle" to close tail gate. Heater system very noise when on high fan.