2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Bye Bye Car!

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Bye Bye Car!
By Bye Bye Car! on

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced my 1995 Honda Civic with the 2008 Escape Hybrid. I thought I liked my car, but driving the Escape, I don't think I will ever go back to a car! The Escape Hybrid has more get- up-and-go than a regular 4 cylinder. The added oomph from the battery really helps acceleration! I am getting about 31 mpg freeway/city driving. The transition was seamless, but the more I drive the Escape, I can tell when it switches, although I sometimes think I am more in tune with a vehicle than other. The Escape fits my 6'4" husband comfortably (unlike the Honda), and the two kids have plenty of room in the back.

Sunroof, 6 months free Sirius, power everything, unbelieveably quiet on the road, roomy, one touch open on the sunroof

One Touch close on the sunroof. The headrest metal supports have no padding on the back of the front seats. I can see in the future holes wearing through the back of the seats. More padding there? Maybe move the A/C and fan buttons? I seem to hit them quite often shifting into park.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review