2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: An SUV that I am not ashamed t

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid AWD CVT Automatic)

An SUV that I am not ashamed to drive
By pjl1 on

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Took delivery of FEH in 6/24/08. The moment I drove it home I knew this was a keeper. It has plenty of power and yet it gets good mileage. I get about 6.7 lt/100 KM in a small town and 7.1 on the highway. It is quiet in electric drive (stealth mode). We bought an upscale model with most of the toys including the AWD. The ease of getting in/out is also a plus. The front leather seats are very comfortable. Interior lighting gives it a classy look at night. The ownership, to date, has been a pleasure. It is a bit disconcerting at first when the engine shuts down in traffic. I don't mind when the ECON switch (on) shuts down the AC in traffic (I can take a litle heat) I just thnk about the gas.

Comfort of ride. The important controls are easy to reach. The seats are firm yet comfortable. The heated seats work well and very quickly. Lots of storage when the seats are down. Fit and finish are good. Got to love the hybrid best of all. Not too much of a complaint here. Ford got the SUV right.

More colour choices. I wish it had stability control on the '08. Seat belts in back are difficult to get into. Laying down of the seats is a hassle. The NAV system could include a better terrain view. Ford should give a more recent map CD. A rub strip on the side is needed. Get rid of the hood prop.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review