Used 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

'08 Ford Escape Hybrid
By charmander

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my '08 Escape Hybrid for 2 weeks, and so far I really like it! It is fun to drive and very quiet. I really like the Audiophile sound system, satellite radio and moonroof. I am getting about 29 mpg in mostly highway driving. I had a 2001 Escape that I liked until the transmission went out on it. I hope this one is more reliable. Only time will tell.

The Audiophile sound system, satellite radio, moonroof, AC outlet, quiet ride and gas mileage.

Put sound system controls on steering wheel.

2008 Escape My Experience
By Tim Weisert

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The ride is smoother than I expected. The continously variable transmission is great. Transitions from electric to gas and gas to electric are almost not perceived. If it fits in your budget the luxury package is great especially the display features.

Display for navigation. Monitor for instantaneous and average gas mileage. Moon roof is nice.

I love my Ford Escape Hybird
By rm

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago. It's great. We get an average of 32.5 mpg. The reader estimates the mpg on the low side (usually, 30 or 30.5), however, measuring the amount of gas used fuel economy is about 32-33mpg.

I like the look of the car and the fuel economy is great.

Glad to go green
By thor59

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a 2005 Turbo Diesel for the Hybrid. Best decision I've made in a long time. Actually got 41 miles to the gallon in the city yesterday. Quite a difference from fifteen. I'll never buy anything but a hybrid again. Love the Ford, totally impressed, get one.

Love the moonroof, Sirius radio, and fuel economy. Unbelievable!

Keep building 'em.

Escape Hybrid hits the mark
By Kpick

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my 2008 Escape Hybrid one week ago. First impressions are excellent. Gas mileage is 36 mpg in mostly city driving. The leather interior is well done. The build quality is flawless. I traded a 2005 Honda Accord because I needed more interior room and better gas mileage. The Escape gave me both. Time will tell if the reliability will match Honda.

The city gas mileage is surprisingly high so far, surpassing the estimates. The gas mileage graph showing 15 minutes of MPG in one minute increments is a spectacular aid to maximizing the MPG.

The Nav DVD is woefully lacking in detail. Nearly every road off the main streets causes a 'not enough detail' voice message and a stop to voice guidance. Ford should ask Garmin how to implement a Nav system. Put the grab handles back. Put audio controls on the steering wheel and add an equalizer.