2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Glad to go green
By thor59 on 04/16/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a 2005 Turbo Diesel for the Hybrid. Best decision I've made in a long time. Actually got 41 miles to the gallon in the city yesterday. Quite a difference from fifteen. I'll never buy anything but a hybrid again. Love the Ford, totally impressed, get one.

Impressed with our new hybrid
By zeeman84 on 04/15/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So far the experience has been positive. Traded a 2005 Escape which had served us very well. Average MPG with about 50% highway and 50% city driving has been 31mpg. Very quite, handles well, interior layout is great. Very happy with this purchase.

Escape Hybrid hits the mark
By Kpick on 04/02/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my 2008 Escape Hybrid one week ago. First impressions are excellent. Gas mileage is 36 mpg in mostly city driving. The leather interior is well done. The build quality is flawless. I traded a 2005 Honda Accord because I needed more interior room and better gas mileage. The Escape gave me both. Time will tell if the reliability will match Honda.

Good job
By Richard on 03/31/07 03:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first new Ford I purchased in 29 years. I traded in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In fact the last 5 new SUV's I purchased were Jeep Grand Cherokees. After 2 years of driving the 2005 Jeep I had enough of the poor service and lack of concern by Jeep. I was hesitant to purchase and did quite a bit of research before doing so and glad I did. The Escape Hybrid is fun to drive, has better visibility, and the gas mileage is twice that of the Jeep! We did drive the Toyota Highlander Hybrid and the bottom line was about the same but I am tall enough that when getting in and out of the Toyota I scraped my head, this is not the case with the Ford. Also, GM has nothing to offer in hybrids.

Mean Green Machine
By David on 03/22/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased this vehicle after owning 03 Escape v6. Ford did a really nice job on the interior/exterior redesign. Smooth, comfortable ride, great visibility. Only complaints I would voice is that there is an image of the light colored dash board reflected onto the windshield via glare in direct sunlight...strange thing indeed...perhaps tinting or some type of dash cover is the solution to that one. Also, Bluetooth absent on a very expensive (but nice) Nav system.

Why did they scew up th enterior
By Seadog9 on 03/18/07 21:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced my 3 year old Escape with the 08 Hybrid. I immediately was disappointed with the interior changes. The heated seat button is on the side of the seat where you can't see it. You have to feel for it. The took out many of the little storage places and the center console/arm rest is hard to open when driving. The gas mileage is good, not great but good and it is a little quieter inside on the highway than my old one. I am very disappointed over all.

2008 Escape Hybrid Impression
By Terry on 03/15/07 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I took another look at the Escape Hybrid because it is supposed to be improved in many ways, ride/handling in particular. Those factors, and the relatively cheap feel of the interior for the price, is why I didn't get one before. My impressions after a couple of weeks with my new 2008 are positive. It's much quieter. The handling, while still somewhat truck-like, is better sorted than the prior model. It's reasonably roomy and practical and gets great mileage. I was skeptical at first, but it really is a Have Your Cake and Eat It Too sort of vehicle.

2008 Escape
By drdan3 on 03/07/07 09:32 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the '08 Escape for over two weeks now. Cons: *Body style very trucky - personal opinion but trying to emulate Explorers isn't a selling point for me. The windshield (and entire front end) could be swept back - perhaps improving the aerodynamics and MPG. *Interior - climate control buttons are confusing. Recirculate gets disconnected when using 'footwarming' vents; seems to have a mind of its own. Also the buttons are very small, should have stuck with rotary dial * No grab handles - curtain airbags seems to have made them disappear - no where to hang my dry cleaning * No Bluetooth available - I bought a TomTom 910 for both Bluetooth & GPS.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.