2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Looks great and drives even better
By Happy Camper on 06/06/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So far, I love my new hybrid. It drives like a dream and the gas (in town) is about 34 mpg, pretty good for an AWD SUV. No complaints.

Good Suburban Vehicle
By JFHGFF on 05/31/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great urban suburban vehicle, with decent acceleration and excellent mileage. It is both quiet and comfortable, and has great cargo capacity.

2008 Escape Hybrid AWD w/ Premium Package
By TahoeJimRocks on 05/30/07 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the Escape for 2 months with 2K miles on it. Mileage is excellent 25.5mpg lowest during break in, highest 36.6 on 300 mile trip. Very short hops kill your mileage (less than 5 mi). Nav system is easy to use. GPS is very accurate. Audiophile sound system is great. Side step rails are no assistance getting in the car because there is no grab handles in the interior. Very comfortable leather seats - seat warmers are a must in cold climate. 110 AC plug is great - no power adapter needed for iPod, finally an audio jack in dash. Usual wind noise with moon roof. Since batteries are in real storage area under deck there is a lack of storage. Roof side rails are plastic and flimsy.

Loving it.
By TM on 05/25/07 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never been a Ford fan until now. Sold my VW Golf TDI, bought this vehicle 4 weeks ago and totally love it. We took it on a 4800 mile road trip for 2 weeks and it performed beautifully. We drove through many 11,000ft+ mountain passes, passed trucks and had plenty of power to spare. The low gear was a huge benefit on the mountain descents. The handling is responsive and it feels solid on the road. Ride is smooth and it absorbs the road better than I expected. For our trip we averaged 31mpg. Not bad at all. I do find my "in town" driving milage a little lower since most roads in my area aren't flat. I average 28mpg in town. The pop up back glass is very helpful when traveling with a dog.

2008 Escape My Experience
By Tim Weisert on 05/08/07 05:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The ride is smoother than I expected. The continously variable transmission is great. Transitions from electric to gas and gas to electric are almost not perceived. If it fits in your budget the luxury package is great especially the display features.

Driving is fun again!
By Grace on 05/07/07 01:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my hybrid for a little over 3 weeks now. I had been wanting to get one since I first heard about hybrids. I'm so glad I finally did! The Escape is fantastic and has everything I could possibly want in a vehicle. I think it is a great product! I feel like I did when I first got my driver's license years ago: want to drive, drive, drive! Everyone I show it to is amazed and pleasantly surprised. I realize it may be too soon to give a proper evaluation, but I am truly in love with this vehicle so far!

Great improvement
By Mike on 05/02/07 16:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2004 Ford Escape, the new 2008 Hybrid out performs the V6 in my 2004 model. My first week I averaged 29MPG. They reprogramed the computer that operates the Hybrid and this corrects all the the flaws in the older models.

I love my Ford Escape Hybird
By rm on 04/24/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago. It's great. We get an average of 32.5 mpg. The reader estimates the mpg on the low side (usually, 30 or 30.5), however, measuring the amount of gas used fuel economy is about 32-33mpg.

Excellent Value
By Robby K. on 04/18/07 05:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so impressed with my new Hybrid. It gets great gas mileage and provides a smooth quiet comfortable ride. I like the eye level informaiton display which makes it easier to focus on the road. I also find the convenience of the mp3 player hook up and power outlet a huge bonus. The Escape is not only a great value, it is fun to drive and saves the environment. I am so glad Ford made this very luxury affordable.

Very nice overall - mileage isn't great
By TJ on 04/17/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For an AWD vehicle, gas mileage is good. However, it is not going to blow you away, especially when you compare it to hybrid sedans. I am averaging 27- 29.5 mpg mixed city/highway driving after 2 tanks. Going 75 on the hwy = 23mpg. AWD works well. I felt no slippage during the most recent snow. Performance is smooth for an SUV. I can't burn off the line, but it is a hybrid and that is to be expected. Navigation package is great and worth it if you hate getting lost and arguing of directions. Audiophile Sound system is good quality. Standard recycled premium seat fabric is good quality. Dash and doors are plastic, though they do appear to be sturdy and thick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.