Used 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Linda

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV (about the same as my 06 Hyundai Accent, which is a really small car). It's fun to see how much gas you can save. I love the sun roof and how much it brightens up the cabin. I only wish it had the navigation. The exterior is stylish and it's a small SUV with a big look. Best car I've ever purchased. I'll probably get another when this one dies. I hated Ford vehicles before this, now I think Ford is great!

Sun roof, hybrid technology, power outlet, exterior and interior styling, MPG display, roof rack, ice blue exterior color, blue interior lights...too much to mention everything.

I coast down a hill for several miles on my way to work and it would be nice if the engine could shut off for that automatically. I'd really like to be able to use the electric engine more, but I guess that will come later with better technology. Needs locking fuel access.

Great year
By chucklesva

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent gas mileage. I have averaged 35 mpg since purchase. Very comfortable and quiet. Love the amount of stuff you can carry in it. It has been great.

Softer material in the interior and better qaulity leather in the seats

Great
By rpecoraro

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this SUV for over a year now. Took it to Las Vegas in May averaged 26 mph going and 27 on the return trip over 4000 miles. Driving to and from work which is a 27 mile round trip I get 34 mpg, well over the 29 mpg on the sticker. On the downside in the winter I was only getting 25 mpg when it was below 30 degrees. I have not had any problems, just take it for oil changes. The book says every 10000 miles but I do it every 5000. Would buy it again.

Sirrus radio

Lower the price

2008 Hybrid Escape
By Dad Fish

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this vehicle (I traded a Chevrolet Suburban), especially the gas mileage. It rides smoothly, has good torque for passing and merging, and is a pleasure to look at in the driveway. I miss the room of my Suburban - but not the terrible gas mileage (14-15 MPG). The one thing that I don't think was engineered well is the rear hatch and glass. It rattles and is not sound proofed well at all. Also, the door windows could have used better guides - they rattle in the door when you close it if they are not rolled all the way up. Other than those two minor gropes, this vehicle is designed well and built with quality workmanship. I would definitely buy it again.

6 cd MP3 system 110 volt outlet in front for household current - laptops, dvd players, charging cameras & camcorders. Styling - bold and aggressive. Kiwi Green color - (okay, that's my wife's one contribution) view from driver's seat. Hybrid - 'nuff said! 16" wheels, ground clearance, 10,000 mile oil chg

Work on rear hatch design - so it doesn't rattle and seem cheap re-design window tracks - make them solid in all phases of window operation (grab the glass and see how much it wiggles when it's halfway down) I hate prop-rod hoods - give it cylinder assist lift. Don't cheap out on us!

Great Vehicle, Stellar MPG
By Mikey533

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been watching the Escape Hybrid since it came out in 2005. I have read a lot of reviews, and knew to wait until after 1000 miles to check MPG. Also, have read enough to know that cold weather drops MPG, but that is the cost of living someplace cold. I set the cruise on my 35 minute highway drive to work at 70 for the first month and averaged 32.5 MPG. Second month I set the cruise at 65 and it jumped to 34.5. Add in the city driving and I get around 35.5. I had to rush home one day, and it really does move like a V-6 when you stomp on it. I rode in a 2006 a few times before, and again after, buying mine, and the 2008 is quiet. Engine rev noise only when it is working real hard

MPG great. Heated seats, awesome. Nav system worth the extra money. I got mine loaded, and love every option. The very best part is knowing that my money went to an auto worker in Missouri and a bank in Detroit rather than an oil tycoon. That alone makes it worth the extra money.

Build more, and make America less dependent on foreign oil. Better yet, build a Focus Hybrid so I can replace my wifes car.