2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Hip and Green
By Griff on 07/15/07 02:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid for 2008 is an extrememly smart buy. I have a 2004 Acura TL that I was using for my commute every day (120mi round trip). Since I bought the Escape I barely drive the TL anymore, and I am saving almost 300 bucks a month! That more than pays for the car payment. There are some very minor annoyances in the design. While the audio is first rate, there are no audio controls on the steering wheel , definitely a design oversight.

Rented One, Bought One!
By Gina B on 07/08/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We rented a 2008 Escape Hybrid 7 weeks ago and put 4000 miles on it. It turned out to be a great little SUV. We averaged about 28.5 miles to the gallon (Mostly mountains and freeway driving). It was comfortable, reliable and fun to drive. We liked it so much, we bought one yesterday! It was a nice surprise, we didn't expect it to be such a nice vehicle.

'08 Escape Hybrid
By John Miraldi on 07/07/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased this vehicle after reading a number of positive reviews on various internet sites, but quite honestly, this vehicle is very average. Overall build quality is below Honda and Toyota. Performance is very average in terms of acceleration,noise etc. Vehicle feels very loose on the highway. Gas mileage has been good...as advertised. Beware if you drive in a warm weather region because the air conditioning compressor shuts off at stops and when the car is running on the electric motor only. If you are in a traffic jam on a 90 degree day, you are in for a painful ride. Also, beware the the $3,000 tax credit may not apply if you make six figures and utilize the AMT

Wow! Love the Hybrid!
By george_gloria on 07/03/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Escape hybrid when our previous vehicle incurred expensive repairs. We are absolutely amazed with the pep, comfort, and fuel economy of this vehicle! It is an outstanding vehicle that has exceeded our expectations. We are averaging about 28mpg on both hyway and around-town! Our hybrid has satellite nav and a bunch of other options and only lacks memory seats. Not sure if the memory seats are available; but, we bought the only hybrid on the lot. Next time we will look for memory seats (not a big requirement). We recomment this vehicle highly! We will probably replace our Jeep with an Escape Hybrid next year.

Well worth the money
By EHF on 07/03/07 05:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quiet except under heavy acceleration, ecconomical and comfortable. I have put almost 2000 miles on the car and like it very much. I especially like the fuel economy, and the comfort. In addition it is easy to park, and handles well. We bought the vehicle for economy, choosing it over the Toyota Highlander for both price and fuel economy. The Highlander is $5500 more on base price, and has poorer fuel economy. In all everything feels tight, is overall quiet, and compact. I have not experienced any tip-up issues in cornering, but I don't drive it like a car so I probably will not. My longest trip was 8.5 hours, 420 miles. The car was very comfortable for the entire trip and averaged 38 MPG.

Go For It
By David on 06/30/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are very discerning car buyers. We have bought three new BMWs in the last 10 years, have had two Chevy Suburbans, and own a brand new Range Rover. We shopped for a hybrid partly because we were feeling guilty, and have no affection for Japanese cars. The Ford Escape Hybrid is, without a question, a neat little vehicle. Both my wife and I are both enjoying it greatly. Does it have the finish of a Range Rover? No, but it also costs about $50,000 less and it uses a lot less gas. The Escape has a lot of pep. It darts around town as well as any car. And all the while, we feel a little less guilty using it than we do when we are using our other cars.

Bye Bye Car!
By Bye Bye Car! on 06/26/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced my 1995 Honda Civic with the 2008 Escape Hybrid. I thought I liked my car, but driving the Escape, I don't think I will ever go back to a car! The Escape Hybrid has more get- up-and-go than a regular 4 cylinder. The added oomph from the battery really helps acceleration! I am getting about 31 mpg freeway/city driving. The transition was seamless, but the more I drive the Escape, I can tell when it switches, although I sometimes think I am more in tune with a vehicle than other. The Escape fits my 6'4" husband comfortably (unlike the Honda), and the two kids have plenty of room in the back.

Great car!
By jmd on 06/21/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my '08 Hybrid Escape for 3 weeks but so far it has been great. I'm getting better than average mileage and have no complaints. It is fun to drive and easy to manuever in DC traffic. I traded in an '06 Honda Odyssey due to terrible gas mileage. Nothing but positives so far.

Impressed so far
By Impressed so far on 06/09/07 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fuel prices made me give up my Nissan Titan (I cried) but I felt better after fueling up the first time. First tank I got 32.34mpg (AWD). This is a combination of highway/city. The digital readout for mpg does read low as another reviewer mentioned. It is very quiet in town and reasonable at highway speed. It is no tire burner but acceleration is acceptable. Stock sound system is good, climate control works well. It also makes me feel I am doing my part to reduce greenhouse emmissions.

'08 Ford Escape Hybrid
By charmander on 06/08/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my '08 Escape Hybrid for 2 weeks, and so far I really like it! It is fun to drive and very quiet. I really like the Audiophile sound system, satellite radio and moonroof. I am getting about 29 mpg in mostly highway driving. I had a 2001 Escape that I liked until the transmission went out on it. I hope this one is more reliable. Only time will tell.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.