2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
What a gem!
By bigbearvo on 10/27/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I cannot believe I have the good fortune to own this beauty. I waited over 3 months, but it was way worth it. This may be the best vehicle Ford has ever designed and built. It's comfortable, controls are intuitive and well laid out, documentation is excellent, and that sweet silence when you come to a stop is sublime. Most impressive is how much roominess is built into the interior for a small suv. I couldn't be happier or more impressed.

Well worth the money
By EHF on 10/12/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 8500 miles on this car since June '07, including several 400+ mile trips. Gas mileage has been better than advertised, averaging over 34 miles per gallon composite city and highway driving (I do drive with economy in mind and have filled my tires with dry nitrogen which also helps economy). The ride remains very smooth, comfortable, and tight. Acceleration when required is good. Handling is quick and nimble (that doesn't make it a sports car though) and there is still no sign of tip-up while cornering. This vehicle continues to be everything I had hoped for and more, thank you Ford for making it available and please build more hybrids for us (e.g., a Ford Fusion Hybrid).

Best Bang for the Buck
By Russ on 09/25/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never owned a Ford, a hybrid, or a kiwi green vehicle before. I am very impressed. I love this SUV! We are going to get a $3000 rebate from the government so getting this vehicle was a no brainer. We also looked at a Toyota Highlander and for $10,000 less, the Escape was the best bang for the buck. The interior is roomy, SUV has good handling, and I love the kiwi green color. The hybrid is so quiet that the SUV sounds like the engine is off. I am getting 32 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. It has a very smooth ride and so far, I would recommend this SUV to anyone. Be prepared to wait 8 to 12 weeks if you order one; but it is worth the wait.

Great Vehicle
By WNKent on 09/11/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 months and have put 3300 miles on it. Milage has been as advertised, about 29 mpg on the highway and 30 in town. I have learned to coast into stop signs and traffic light so that the electric engine takes over. After trading a F-150 pick up truck for this SUV I feel as if I am driving a sports car.

It is easy being green!
By Mark on 08/31/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great little SUV! The hybrid system is awesome - having fun trying to see how many MPG's I can acheive!

Think Green!
By laura_booth_us on 08/02/07 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Escape Hybrid because I commute 70 miles each way to work over mountains so I needed good MPG and reliability in bad weather conditions. I've put about 8300 miles on it in a little over 2 months. MPG is good, but it is so much better in the city. I'm getting about 28 avg on interstate with mountains, which is still awesome for a FWD. Also, I am making an attempt to save the environment! That's really the best part. I love the interior and exterior is fresh and bold from the old style. I need the electrical outlet to use my laptop while I am working so I have gotten a lot of use from that. I like it more and more!

Good Enough
By Fyffe7 on 08/02/07 03:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wife picked out Escape Hybrid for the gas mileage and the ease of putting a baby seat in the back. Own the Ford for 3 months. Overall the Escape Hybrid is a decent SUV that is fun to drive. We get 30 mpg which is mostly hiway driving. It has become a game to see how much gas mileage we get. Lights are fun to stop at, knowing that you are not using gas. Escape Hybrid accelerates well with the 4 cylinder engine. CVT transmission takes a little bit of driving to get use to. Escape won over the Toyota- did not like the look of spare tire on back. Honda – overprice, overrated and less gas mileage.

Great Little SUV, commuter only
By bartimus on 07/27/07 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a couple 100 miles on it now, getting better than the EPA sticker so far! Due to weight savings, lots of plastic, interior feels a little cheap. Front grille came loose/off the 1st week and needs to go back to dealer. Coming from a Volvo XC90 the Ford ride is lighter, peppier (feels like a V6), way less room. Don't expect to fit 3 child seats in the back seat. We can barely fit a car seat, a booster, and our 6 year old in a seatbelt, it's very cramped back there. Zero cargo room. Without NAV system so all hybrid info is on the dash near odo. The 3 hybrid info buttons are in a bad spot to the left of the wheel, (should be on the steering wheel). Stereo/climate buttons are confusing.

Way to Go Ford
By Bud on 07/20/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

About 6000 mi so far. 30.5 mpg on recent drive CT to FL, AC on all the way. Ford needs to build more of these, keep size the same, keep refinning, go plug in to increase mileage. Very quiet interior and roomy. Love it.

Wonderful truck!
By queenfan on 07/18/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my FEH for nearly 3 months now. I absolutely love it! I had a 2005 gas Escape but traded in when a job change made a big dent in my fuel economy. I love that I can still drive at highwa speeds and yet the engine just sips gas. Although it has been an adjustment to go from a V6 to a little 4 cylinder, but the electric motor kicks in when needed. I'd highly recommend the FEH to anyone looking for a good sized, high ground clearance vehicle that gets great gas mileage. At 4000 miles I'm averaging 34.5 MPG!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.