Used 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

I love my Escape Hybrid!
By Becky

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so happy I bought this car! I traded in my BMW X5 and year later I know I made the right decision. I am getting about 35mpg vs the 10mpg in the X5. I highly reccomend this car. I also got a $4000 tax credit from the IRS for purchasing a hybrid vehicle. The dealership doesn't want you to know that because they are trying to sell the non-hybrid versions. If you have to have an SUV this is a great truck!

Favorite Features

MPG!

Fords Escape AWD Hybrid
By rich rice

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3,789 miles and averaging 30 mpg with awd drive model. No problems what so ever. Interior could use some more padding on door arm rest and drivers seat could use more adjustment for tall drivers. I highly recomend the car. also a bigger battery so the hybrid could run more on battery

Favorite Features

Radio system rocks. Computer on dash tells your your mileage and the GPS built in is great

Suggested Improvements

Set up to run on more on battery for even better mileage. Less unpadded plastic in the interior.

Feeling High End Green
By Andy Rosamilia

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is everything I wanted and I feel so good about helping the environment. The mileage is still improving at 29.8 MPG. I have 4x4 for winter and offroad driving and the features are top shelf.

Favorite Features

The stereo system rocks!

Suggested Improvements

I like a little more ground clearance when I am guiding fisherman and take the vehicle down some remote two tracks.

Love this car!
By MT

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Escape and had to wait 1 week for delivery, loaded has everything possible. Sleek Black w/Chrome trim. Love the drive, roomy inside, and good gas mpg. Traded in Ford Eddie B. Escape and transition to Escape is seemless, only difference is Escape is much easier to drive, easy to steer and manuever, and park. Best decision I made in a long time.

Favorite Features

Room, lots of leg room. Love the electric plug, Ipod hook up, & navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really.

Best car I've ever owned
By Linda

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV (about the same as my 06 Hyundai Accent, which is a really small car). It's fun to see how much gas you can save. I love the sun roof and how much it brightens up the cabin. I only wish it had the navigation. The exterior is stylish and it's a small SUV with a big look. Best car I've ever purchased. I'll probably get another when this one dies. I hated Ford vehicles before this, now I think Ford is great!

Favorite Features

Sun roof, hybrid technology, power outlet, exterior and interior styling, MPG display, roof rack, ice blue exterior color, blue interior lights...too much to mention everything.

Suggested Improvements

I coast down a hill for several miles on my way to work and it would be nice if the engine could shut off for that automatically. I'd really like to be able to use the electric engine more, but I guess that will come later with better technology. Needs locking fuel access.