2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
'08 Ford Escape Hybrid
By charmander on 06/08/07 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my '08 Escape Hybrid for 2 weeks, and so far I really like it! It is fun to drive and very quiet. I really like the Audiophile sound system, satellite radio and moonroof. I am getting about 29 mpg in mostly highway driving. I had a 2001 Escape that I liked until the transmission went out on it. I hope this one is more reliable. Only time will tell.

2008 Escape My Experience
By Tim Weisert on 05/08/07 05:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The ride is smoother than I expected. The continously variable transmission is great. Transitions from electric to gas and gas to electric are almost not perceived. If it fits in your budget the luxury package is great especially the display features.

I love my Ford Escape Hybird
By rm on 04/24/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago. It's great. We get an average of 32.5 mpg. The reader estimates the mpg on the low side (usually, 30 or 30.5), however, measuring the amount of gas used fuel economy is about 32-33mpg.

Glad to go green
By thor59 on 04/16/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a 2005 Turbo Diesel for the Hybrid. Best decision I've made in a long time. Actually got 41 miles to the gallon in the city yesterday. Quite a difference from fifteen. I'll never buy anything but a hybrid again. Love the Ford, totally impressed, get one.

Escape Hybrid hits the mark
By Kpick on 04/02/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my 2008 Escape Hybrid one week ago. First impressions are excellent. Gas mileage is 36 mpg in mostly city driving. The leather interior is well done. The build quality is flawless. I traded a 2005 Honda Accord because I needed more interior room and better gas mileage. The Escape gave me both. Time will tell if the reliability will match Honda.

Good job
By Richard on 03/31/07 03:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first new Ford I purchased in 29 years. I traded in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In fact the last 5 new SUV's I purchased were Jeep Grand Cherokees. After 2 years of driving the 2005 Jeep I had enough of the poor service and lack of concern by Jeep. I was hesitant to purchase and did quite a bit of research before doing so and glad I did. The Escape Hybrid is fun to drive, has better visibility, and the gas mileage is twice that of the Jeep! We did drive the Toyota Highlander Hybrid and the bottom line was about the same but I am tall enough that when getting in and out of the Toyota I scraped my head, this is not the case with the Ford. Also, GM has nothing to offer in hybrids.

Mean Green Machine
By David on 03/22/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased this vehicle after owning 03 Escape v6. Ford did a really nice job on the interior/exterior redesign. Smooth, comfortable ride, great visibility. Only complaints I would voice is that there is an image of the light colored dash board reflected onto the windshield via glare in direct sunlight...strange thing indeed...perhaps tinting or some type of dash cover is the solution to that one. Also, Bluetooth absent on a very expensive (but nice) Nav system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.