2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
It is easy being green!
By Mark on 08/31/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great little SUV! The hybrid system is awesome - having fun trying to see how many MPG's I can acheive!

Great Little SUV, commuter only
By bartimus on 07/27/07 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a couple 100 miles on it now, getting better than the EPA sticker so far! Due to weight savings, lots of plastic, interior feels a little cheap. Front grille came loose/off the 1st week and needs to go back to dealer. Coming from a Volvo XC90 the Ford ride is lighter, peppier (feels like a V6), way less room. Don't expect to fit 3 child seats in the back seat. We can barely fit a car seat, a booster, and our 6 year old in a seatbelt, it's very cramped back there. Zero cargo room. Without NAV system so all hybrid info is on the dash near odo. The 3 hybrid info buttons are in a bad spot to the left of the wheel, (should be on the steering wheel). Stereo/climate buttons are confusing.

Wonderful truck!
By queenfan on 07/18/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my FEH for nearly 3 months now. I absolutely love it! I had a 2005 gas Escape but traded in when a job change made a big dent in my fuel economy. I love that I can still drive at highwa speeds and yet the engine just sips gas. Although it has been an adjustment to go from a V6 to a little 4 cylinder, but the electric motor kicks in when needed. I'd highly recommend the FEH to anyone looking for a good sized, high ground clearance vehicle that gets great gas mileage. At 4000 miles I'm averaging 34.5 MPG!

Hip and Green
By Griff on 07/15/07 02:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid for 2008 is an extrememly smart buy. I have a 2004 Acura TL that I was using for my commute every day (120mi round trip). Since I bought the Escape I barely drive the TL anymore, and I am saving almost 300 bucks a month! That more than pays for the car payment. There are some very minor annoyances in the design. While the audio is first rate, there are no audio controls on the steering wheel , definitely a design oversight.

Rented One, Bought One!
By Gina B on 07/08/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We rented a 2008 Escape Hybrid 7 weeks ago and put 4000 miles on it. It turned out to be a great little SUV. We averaged about 28.5 miles to the gallon (Mostly mountains and freeway driving). It was comfortable, reliable and fun to drive. We liked it so much, we bought one yesterday! It was a nice surprise, we didn't expect it to be such a nice vehicle.

'08 Escape Hybrid
By John Miraldi on 07/07/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased this vehicle after reading a number of positive reviews on various internet sites, but quite honestly, this vehicle is very average. Overall build quality is below Honda and Toyota. Performance is very average in terms of acceleration,noise etc. Vehicle feels very loose on the highway. Gas mileage has been good...as advertised. Beware if you drive in a warm weather region because the air conditioning compressor shuts off at stops and when the car is running on the electric motor only. If you are in a traffic jam on a 90 degree day, you are in for a painful ride. Also, beware the the $3,000 tax credit may not apply if you make six figures and utilize the AMT

Well worth the money
By EHF on 07/03/07 05:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quiet except under heavy acceleration, ecconomical and comfortable. I have put almost 2000 miles on the car and like it very much. I especially like the fuel economy, and the comfort. In addition it is easy to park, and handles well. We bought the vehicle for economy, choosing it over the Toyota Highlander for both price and fuel economy. The Highlander is $5500 more on base price, and has poorer fuel economy. In all everything feels tight, is overall quiet, and compact. I have not experienced any tip-up issues in cornering, but I don't drive it like a car so I probably will not. My longest trip was 8.5 hours, 420 miles. The car was very comfortable for the entire trip and averaged 38 MPG.

Go For It
By David on 06/30/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are very discerning car buyers. We have bought three new BMWs in the last 10 years, have had two Chevy Suburbans, and own a brand new Range Rover. We shopped for a hybrid partly because we were feeling guilty, and have no affection for Japanese cars. The Ford Escape Hybrid is, without a question, a neat little vehicle. Both my wife and I are both enjoying it greatly. Does it have the finish of a Range Rover? No, but it also costs about $50,000 less and it uses a lot less gas. The Escape has a lot of pep. It darts around town as well as any car. And all the while, we feel a little less guilty using it than we do when we are using our other cars.

Bye Bye Car!
By Bye Bye Car! on 06/26/07 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced my 1995 Honda Civic with the 2008 Escape Hybrid. I thought I liked my car, but driving the Escape, I don't think I will ever go back to a car! The Escape Hybrid has more get- up-and-go than a regular 4 cylinder. The added oomph from the battery really helps acceleration! I am getting about 31 mpg freeway/city driving. The transition was seamless, but the more I drive the Escape, I can tell when it switches, although I sometimes think I am more in tune with a vehicle than other. The Escape fits my 6'4" husband comfortably (unlike the Honda), and the two kids have plenty of room in the back.

Great car!
By jmd on 06/21/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my '08 Hybrid Escape for 3 weeks but so far it has been great. I'm getting better than average mileage and have no complaints. It is fun to drive and easy to manuever in DC traffic. I traded in an '06 Honda Odyssey due to terrible gas mileage. Nothing but positives so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.