Used 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Love it but it rattles.
By Redwoodmeg

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the idea of a hybrid SUV and I am happy to "buy American" I have had my new Ice Blue Escape (I call her Sky) for about a month and I am getting about 35.5 MPG! I am a high mileage driver and was driving a 2002 Explorer and getting about 15 MPG. That was my 2nd Explorer. I am dissapointed at the hardness of the center console and the arm rests. The leather is a little stiff and I have a rattle in the center console where it meets the dash. My biggest concern is a rather loud noise in the back hatch that appeared after I drove on a slightly rough road in the 2nd week. It seems to be coming from inside the door near the Ford emblem. I don't want to "accept" this or get used to it.

Navigation, stereo, moon roof, size, color, and "greeness"

More supple leather. Much softer arm rests/center console. Tighter connections on plastic interior.

Great Ford SUV
By Tom

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leather Interior needs to be more comfortable, but overall this is a great vehicle and will buy another one. Very reliable and gas mileage is great even with my lead foot. Finally the US automakers have something to be really proud of. Over 21,000 miles of hard driving and no problems! Highly recommended!

Performance & handling, love the NAV system.

More comfortable interior. Even the leather is rather hard.

Coolest vehicle I've ever owned!
By Mooline

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid has surpassed my '71 Firebird as the coolest car I've ever owned. It's great to have the load capacity of an SUV on the same gas mileage as the Camry Hybrid. Driving this vehicle is a fun challenge - to see how efficient you can be! Technique definitely matters - no jackrabbit starts, coast as much as possible, avoid excessive speed and you'll see 32-33 mpg without a problem. I live in South FL and so far, no problems with the a/c on economy mode; car stays cool with the fan & recirc. air. I did a lot of research before buying. Settled on this vs. Camry Hybrid (equivalent in style & fuel economy) due to max. tax credit, lower price, better load capacity.

Comparatively low purchase price. Fuel economy. Fuel Management System (part of navigation system). Cargo capacity. Seating comfort for 4 adults. Satellite radio

Some rough edges on plastic trim; cargo net would be nice...but think about it - this is the worst I can say?

I love my Escape Hybrid!
By Becky

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so happy I bought this car! I traded in my BMW X5 and year later I know I made the right decision. I am getting about 35mpg vs the 10mpg in the X5. I highly reccomend this car. I also got a $4000 tax credit from the IRS for purchasing a hybrid vehicle. The dealership doesn't want you to know that because they are trying to sell the non-hybrid versions. If you have to have an SUV this is a great truck!

MPG!

Love this car!
By MT

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Escape and had to wait 1 week for delivery, loaded has everything possible. Sleek Black w/Chrome trim. Love the drive, roomy inside, and good gas mpg. Traded in Ford Eddie B. Escape and transition to Escape is seemless, only difference is Escape is much easier to drive, easy to steer and manuever, and park. Best decision I made in a long time.

Room, lots of leg room. Love the electric plug, Ipod hook up, & navigation system.

Nothing really.