2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Automotive Breakthrough
By Joseph on 06/24/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2008 last summer, and have no regrets. We've had the orange wrench light come on a few times though. Although there were no observable problems, they had to replace cooling fans, motors, etc. I suspect the system detects potential problems quickly. I get around 37MPG in winter, and 33MPG in summer (with AC running most of the time (Tucson, AZ)). There's a squeak sound coming from a motor somewhere. It sounds like a clutch engaging/disengaging. They repaired it once by replacing the AC motor, but it has returned. I'm due for my 20k soon, so I'll have them check it at that time.

Great Ford SUV
By Tom on 06/19/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leather Interior needs to be more comfortable, but overall this is a great vehicle and will buy another one. Very reliable and gas mileage is great even with my lead foot. Finally the US automakers have something to be really proud of. Over 21,000 miles of hard driving and no problems! Highly recommended!

Just a Great 4 X4 Vehicle
By Mike on 06/18/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered the Escape with all options and it arrived in 3 weeks. The quality is excellent. If only it had stearing wheel controls for the radio and navigation system. It is somewhat distracting to take your eyes off the road to change radio stations, or enter a new destination on the nav system. Other than that the Escape is a great vehicle. Leather seats are comfortable, and the interior is very well dressed up. Rear seats fold nicely flat. Plenty of room for 4 people and luggage for a week in the rear. Tires are quite and smooth, but the continental tires are not good in the winter. Goodyear tires would be a much better choice.

Hybrid vs. Quality
By jeb on 06/16/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was determined to buy a hybrid and I guess I was lucky to get one but I had to pay a premium for it. I am not sure it was worth it - I think you give up quality in other areas. I will have to say that the quality is no where near as nice as the Expedition I had prior. Some of the interior and exterior portions of the car are cheap plastic and scratch very easy. have a fully loaded model except for the navigation system. I am getting about 25 miles to the gallon but if you like to stay cool during the summer months forget driving in electric mode - the one thing they don't tell you is you won't go electic with the AC on even in econ mode!

Coolest vehicle I've ever owned!
By Mooline on 06/16/08 04:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid has surpassed my '71 Firebird as the coolest car I've ever owned. It's great to have the load capacity of an SUV on the same gas mileage as the Camry Hybrid. Driving this vehicle is a fun challenge - to see how efficient you can be! Technique definitely matters - no jackrabbit starts, coast as much as possible, avoid excessive speed and you'll see 32-33 mpg without a problem. I live in South FL and so far, no problems with the a/c on economy mode; car stays cool with the fan & recirc. air. I did a lot of research before buying. Settled on this vs. Camry Hybrid (equivalent in style & fuel economy) due to max. tax credit, lower price, better load capacity.

I love my Escape Hybrid!
By Becky on 06/12/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so happy I bought this car! I traded in my BMW X5 and year later I know I made the right decision. I am getting about 35mpg vs the 10mpg in the X5. I highly reccomend this car. I also got a $4000 tax credit from the IRS for purchasing a hybrid vehicle. The dealership doesn't want you to know that because they are trying to sell the non-hybrid versions. If you have to have an SUV this is a great truck!

Fords Escape AWD Hybrid
By rich rice on 06/11/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3,789 miles and averaging 30 mpg with awd drive model. No problems what so ever. Interior could use some more padding on door arm rest and drivers seat could use more adjustment for tall drivers. I highly recomend the car. also a bigger battery so the hybrid could run more on battery

Feeling High End Green
By Andy Rosamilia on 06/09/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is everything I wanted and I feel so good about helping the environment. The mileage is still improving at 29.8 MPG. I have 4x4 for winter and offroad driving and the features are top shelf.

Love this car!
By MT on 06/07/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We ordered our Escape and had to wait 1 week for delivery, loaded has everything possible. Sleek Black w/Chrome trim. Love the drive, roomy inside, and good gas mpg. Traded in Ford Eddie B. Escape and transition to Escape is seemless, only difference is Escape is much easier to drive, easy to steer and manuever, and park. Best decision I made in a long time.

Best car I've ever owned
By Linda on 06/05/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV (about the same as my 06 Hyundai Accent, which is a really small car). It's fun to see how much gas you can save. I love the sun roof and how much it brightens up the cabin. I only wish it had the navigation. The exterior is stylish and it's a small SUV with a big look. Best car I've ever purchased. I'll probably get another when this one dies. I hated Ford vehicles before this, now I think Ford is great!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.