2008 Hybrid Escape
By Dad Fish on
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love this vehicle (I traded a Chevrolet Suburban), especially the gas mileage. It rides smoothly, has good torque for passing and merging, and is a pleasure to look at in the driveway. I miss the room of my Suburban - but not the terrible gas mileage (14-15 MPG). The one thing that I don't think was engineered well is the rear hatch and glass. It rattles and is not sound proofed well at all. Also, the door windows could have used better guides - they rattle in the door when you close it if they are not rolled all the way up. Other than those two minor gropes, this vehicle is designed well and built with quality workmanship. I would definitely buy it again.
Favorite Features
6 cd MP3 system 110 volt outlet in front for household current - laptops, dvd players, charging cameras & camcorders. Styling - bold and aggressive. Kiwi Green color - (okay, that's my wife's one contribution) view from driver's seat. Hybrid - 'nuff said! 16" wheels, ground clearance, 10,000 mile oil chg
Suggested Improvements
Work on rear hatch design - so it doesn't rattle and seem cheap re-design window tracks - make them solid in all phases of window operation (grab the glass and see how much it wiggles when it's halfway down) I hate prop-rod hoods - give it cylinder assist lift. Don't cheap out on us!