2008 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Very Good SUV hybrid
By vincenc08 on 08/22/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2008 Kiwi green Escape Hybrid has been a very good SUV. Had is for 3 yrs and 71K mi ...reliability is very good only a few minor build issues. Good interior room and surprising storage with 2 nd row folded down. Gas mileage is over 32 mpg on HIway 33 city. Sotck tire have ltos of road noise after 30K mi. Eco seat material stains easily...hard to keep clean. There is a way to get them replaced but you really have to dig on the internet. Overall a very good SUV if you can live with some minor quirks.

Escape Diebrid not Hybrid
By scoobykk on 02/27/11 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle has the potential to die on you while driving or parked. There are problems with the parts below that you should be aware of before purchasing. Repair is very expensive. FORD nor your dealership will inform you of known potential problems. For FORD 05-07 owners, these parts are known to fail so get them checked out before the BtoB warranty expires. 1. MOTOR cooling system water pump pn# (5m6z8c419a) TSB (Technical Service Bulletin ) # 07-25-12. 2. The Blend air door actuator applications pn# (8L8Z19E616E), will also probably need to be replaced.

Typical Ford
By CarGuy87 on 04/13/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This Escape is a Fleet vehicle that gets a lot of use - 25k miles per year. I was initially very happy when the company bought the Escape. The first winter the wrench light kept coming on disabling traction control. The power steering periodically shuts off, which the manual calls "normal". Recently this triangle light has been coming on almost daily which indicates a serious problem with the Hybrid system. The shift had to be replace after something broke inside releasing the car from park, resulting in a co-worker getting run over by the car. The gas/elec transition is rough, and the gas engine is loud. I understand its feet and it'll have problems - but this is ridiculous.

I feel happy to drive
By hilary on 11/25/09 21:25 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have switched from a Mazda 5 to this car to get a better seating a storage arrangement. I LOVE the fuel efficiency around town and feel great about my choice. Its not as fancy as my mom's Prius with all the electronics, but getting 34 miles to 40 miles a gallon schlepping kids in a big car makes me smile every time I turn the key. I am proud to drive this car!

Not bad...not bad at all.
By Chris on 09/25/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle is not something you are going to want if you are looking for the drive of your life, but if you're looking to have an economical vehicle that looks pretty good, then this is the one for you. I did have a couple proplems with some of the features when I first got my car, but Ford was more than happy to fix those up for me. All in all this is probably on of the best cars I've owned. I enjoy the smill I have every time I fill up my gas tank.

Wish I had my TAHOE Z71 back
By Sandra Kemp on 09/17/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the hybrid solely because of the price of gas; approaching $5/gal. I was driving a Tahoe Z71 that had a 25 gal. tank that I had to fillup every 5-6 days. I came from a Cadillac to a geo. When I accelerate up a hill it sounds like a cheap sewing machine; unbearable. The interior carpet and leatherette seats are cheaply made. I had to brake quickly the other evening and slid sideways. No traction.

Proud owner of a Ford Escape Hybrid
By Bill S. on 06/04/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford Escape Hybrid does not only get great mileage for a SUV but also has very low pollution emissions. I like the styling and don't feel I compromised on any factors when I bought it. I have kept a spreadsheet of actual mileage and have maintained an overall 31 mpg. The worst case mileage is log distance highway driving at 70+ mph when my FEH got 28 mpg. Around town and using hypermiling techniques I have gotten 35+ mpg.

Pleased with 2008 Escape Hybrid
By George S on 03/17/09 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this for the boss to replace a mini-van we outgrew. We wanted to downsize but not give up comfort and the ability to haul stuff from time to time. Oh yes, we wanted to use less gas as well. The Escape Hybrid did all these things for us. It gets a consistent 30MPG which certainly meets our expectations. We have not had any trouble with it whatsoever. Frankly, I didn't expect it to be this good but Ford, so far, has exceeded my expectations with regard to reliability. As an engineer, I appreciate and respect this as a technological achievement. The shop manuals for it have been enlightening and entertaining. To the boss it's "push this to go; this to stop". It works for both of us.

Traded Hummer H2 SUT and Very Happy!
By Craig Y in Dallas on 01/02/09 15:07 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I bought my FEH in May 2007, I was looking for a more economical replacement for my Hummer H2 that I absolutely loved, that is until I had to feed it! I was spending $600 - $900 per month on fuel and could no longer justify that expense. I did not want to buy the 4WD FEH initially until I could determine whether I could be happy in the pint sized replacement. I purchased the 2008 FEH FWD and to my absolute amazement, it surpassed my expectations in every way! It not only delivers 2.5 to 3 times the gas milease I was getting in my H2 but it had more cargo space and great acceleration. From my home in Dallas, I regularly get 32 - 37 MPG driving to and from Austin.

6 month evaluation
By City driver on 11/08/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the vehicle for about 6 months. Bought the top-of-the-line and enjoyed it very much. It looks good, get great mileage (31 average). About a month after I bought it, it would start. Turned out there was a loose wire in the built in security system Last week, wrench light went on. Had to have a vent to cool the batteries replace. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.