Save gas, save planet and looking good too
By 4Mom 2go on
2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I traded in my '02 Eddie Bauer Explorer for '07 Escape hybrid. I doubled my mileage. Love the NAV system and real time gas mileage gauge. Keeps me from being a lead foot. Avg 31 mpg in mixed driving. The key is no rabbit starts and using less brake and more coasting to get to a red light I like exterior of '07, but the interior of the '08. Buttons and gauges are placed better in the '08. Also '08 has better nooks for interior storage. But'exterior styling of the '07 is more to my taste. The '08 exterior seems like a throwback to the late '90s Explorers, especially with its grille. Overall very pleased with my purchase, including the mpg and acceleration.
Favorite Features
NAV system and real time mpg gauge. Love the purr of the electric engine. Every time I hear it I know that I am saving money at the gas pump.
Suggested Improvements
Better nooks for storage in the interior. Move the heated seats button to the dash. Get rid of the under seat mounted CD changer. Ford did all this in the '08, but then the ruined the exterior with the new front grille.