2nd 2007 Escape Hybrid, going strong
By draidr1 on
2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Background: Bought a used 2007 Escape Hybrid at a dealership still under warranty and it was an excellent purchase. Great Gas mileage, excellent handling, roomy, good use of storage. Sadly, it was totaled in wreck caused by driver not paying attention while on a cell phone. I turned around and bought the same model, same year Escape Hybrid because I loved it. Both vehicles have been excellent for me throughout the years and besides the maintenance costs, I've had minimal costs except for a pricey emissions sensor that went out on me recently. I've taken care of it and its taken care of me.
Favorite Features
In order of most noteworthy and memory catching features; Gas Mileage is my favorite. I average 27-28MPG on the AWD Model while the standard one I got close to 30-31 (Tires make a huge difference). Handling is tight and great turn radius. Back-up sensors are excellent and something I'll look for in future vehicles. Easy to use stereo controls. Very roomy, even for the rear seats. Seat Warmers are nice on cold nights but also needs improvements, see below.
Suggested Improvements
In order of most noteworthy improvements: Cup Holders! My God! get some decent cup holders in this thing as the two in the front are in the most awkward place and annoying to boot. Road noise is noticeably loud in a quiet hybrid vehicle. Make sure you get good quality tires and not the cheap ones if/when you change them. Seat Warmers have 2 settings, lava-a$$ and off. Use this badboy with caution. The Navigation system is an out-dated joke and one I actually recommend NOT getting it on this model if you can help it. They should pay you to take this feature its that bad. Apple maps and all its problems is better than this non-updateable piece of garbage. Two words, don't bother!