2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Great SUV gas mileage!

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great SUV gas mileage!
By Cheryl K on

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As an owner of 4 SUVS and ready to get rid of one I decided to look into getting the Escape Hybrid SUV for its gas mileage. I bought the AWD upgraded 2007 gold Escape with grey leather seats (no option in leather color), rear beeping system, moonroof and navigation. The interior is almost as nice as my 2005 Gold Expedition Limited and the ride is smooth and pickup is fine. It's not as roomy as my Expedition but it's comfortable. I love the gas mileage and am averaging 30 mpg which is double my Expedition. It's a very quiet running vehicle and sometimes at a stop light it's on battery and I don't think it's even on but it is when I press the gas! And it also holds my four golden retrievers!

My favorite feature is the gas mileage. The car has a fuel efficient link to watch and I see when I am using gasoline and using electric and it monitors my fuel consumption as I drive or sit idle. I average 30 mpg of gas. I like the leather seats and I got the keycode front door opener...a must!

I don't like the button for the seat warmers near the seat belt pull as we must hit the button and turn on the heat for toasty rears... not good during the summer months! I don't like the CD changer in front of/under the front passenger seat.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review