2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Escape to a Minnesota Winter

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

Escape to a Minnesota Winter
By Minnesota Mark on

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the Escape Hybrid AWD for two reasons - exhaust emissions and fuel economy. I will assume the emissions are meeting my expectations. The fuel economy? Nowhere near the ratings of 33/29 for city/highway. During this mild Minnesota winter I am only getting around 23 mpg. Granted itÂ’s better than the 16 mpg I got in the winter with my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, but the Hybrid is much less of a vehicle than the Trailblazer. I will say that the Escape with its front-wheel drive tracks better in snow than the Trailblazer. For my first hybrid vehicle the Escape is adequate.

The navigation system has come in handy on a couple of occasions, although some of its recommended routes leave a lot to be desired - adding an extra 50 miles to a 100 mile trip.

I was misled to believe the Escape Hybrid had daytime running lamps. It does not. Other features I would like to see added: outdoor thermometer, auto dimming rear view mirror, radio controls for electronic devices, e.g., garage door opener, better placement of seat heater control.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review