2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Sort Reviews by

Room for all & CARGO!
By Joel

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Terrific small SUV to drive. I am very surprised of the power (when you need it) with both the batteries and the 4 cylinder gas engine kicking in. It does not take very long at all for the generators to recharge the batteries either. It's not just a small commuter car, there is actually room to take people & luggage to the airport, vacations, etc.

Favorite Features

Pulling up to the gas pump! 6 disc CD, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Perfect Fit
By Keith

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in mountain terrain, snow, long way to stores/gasoline. I feel safe & secure, and the 32 mpg makes me feel a bit smug.

Favorite Features

AWD, mileage, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Add memory seating, mirrors, auto climate control.

Handles Beautifully
By Bonnie & Bart

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive on the winding roads through the Santa Cruz Mountains and the car responds wonderfully to all the twists and turns. Also, when going "over the hill" which is sea level to 1800 ft summit in 10 minutes the car is not sluggish at all. It also holds its own on the freeways in the Silicon Valley. Best of all, in traffic stalls, my Escape Hybrid burns no gas at all! We just sit there quietly waiting our turn. We are averaging 29.6 mph. Me and my dog, Bart, love this car!

Favorite Features

The car responds to my touch, no over steering. The dash display is really easy to read. I love the GPS!

Suggested Improvements

Only one color interior is offered. There are 3 levels from cloth to leather to premium leather but only one color: gray.

04 Expedition to Loaded 07 Escape Hybrid
By B. Place

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Escape Hybrid is fun to drive. It is not as comfortable as our Expedition was, but we are paying for technology and better gas mileage rather than top of the line comfort. We miss the storage place in front of the gear shifter and the covered storage between the seats is too small to hold my wife's purse. We also noticed the air conditioning gets warmer when the vehicle switches from gas engine to electric motor, but if you use AC Max it forces the gas engine to run. The car sounds and feels different from our Expeditions, but it is a smooth comfortable ride with plenty of power to zip around town. We bought it loaded and love it!

Favorite Features

Easy to maneuver and comfortable ride. Stereo with 7 speakers sounds great. We especially like the gas mileage display because it graphs your performance during the last 15 minutes. Cool! Heated seats and AWD will be great this winter. The 2007 base price is $1300 less than the 2006!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to be able to add a remote starter for those extremely hot or cold days. There is no information on this subject for the Ford hybrid. An exterior temp gage and compass with an electro-chromatic mirror would be a nice option ($300 aftermarket). CD changer under the seat feels cheap.