2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
2007 Escape after 6 months
By Al on 12/26/06 18:44 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I received my new 2007 Escape in June as it was one of the first 2007's manufactured. It replaced my 2000 Explorer XLT with 170K miles. My first impressions of the Escape were very good and I'm still happy after 6 months and 14K miles. Gas mileage is steady at 22 mpg, about 7 mpg better than my '00 Explorer. Weak areas are the rear brakes, which are drum rather than disc as my Escape is equipped with a 4 cylinder engine. There is also driveline vibration at times, plus noticeable rattles and general mechanical noise. I would recommend the Escape but ONLY if it has front and rear disc brakes. The rear brake fade is noticeable and dangerous at times.

Love the 2007 Design vs 2008 Design
By KarlS on 12/17/06 09:06 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We looked at the 2008 sneak-peek pics and the LA auto show write-ups & pics, but we decided we liked the 2007 interior/exterior design best because it looks less truck-like than the new designs. My wife's the primary driver, and she loves this vehicle. In the first 500 miles, neither of us have any buyer's remorse.

Vehicle surpasses my expectations
By Jason in Milw/WI on 12/04/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I truly enjoy driving this vehicle. Used to drive a four door sedan, which had a decent amount of room and with the traction control, it was a great winter vehicle. This hybrid has greatly surpassed my expectations, and I'm only a week into driving it! Comfortable ride on the bumpy/potholed roads in my neighborhood. Weather conditions we experienced with the recent snowstorm and the handling of this vehicle quickly convinced me this was the right purchase. This vehicle feels more in contact with the road and accelerates better than I had anticipated. Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase and what's even better, the wife is fast growing accustomed to riding in it.

Love it
By jsiudock on 12/03/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first hybrid. We have two Fords and two Nissans and a Mazda. The leather is wonderful and it looks great. The side air bags gives you a feel of safety. Wish Ford would have better map lighting up front. My daughter was cold about the truck as she drives a 2006 Nissan Maxima. Took her five minutes to warm up to the two tone paint and leather. Truck is a little top heavy but my wife loves it. Averaging over 40 miles per gallon. Notice that resale value is in the Honda area. Great storage for a small SUV. Taking it up North for winter break to check long term driving. Ford's better idea

The perfect vehicle
By kermit on 11/11/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Escape Hybrid now for 2 months and I couldn't think of a better vehicle to own. It is a jack of all trades. I can tow my 15 foot fishing boat, haul the kids and, all our gear, all while getting 30 mpg avg. fuel economy. My wife loves the high seating position; she would rather drive the Escape then her Jaguar. She also likes the fact that it handles more like a car then a suv. Build quality is first rate even though some of the materials are second rate (dash plastic is hard). The engine runs smooth, and the hybrid system is almost transparent (better then all the Toyota Prius I have driven), acceleration is strong up to 70mph (it will outrun a 200 hp v6 Escape to 50 mph).

2007 4x4 Ford Escape Hybrid
By Ponyblanket on 10/27/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Totally new driving experience. Much smoother than expected. Great sensation of gearless transmission smoothness; like a snowmobile. Power really comes on strong! Easy to quickly pass. Mileage is averaging 31; 34 mpg on flat freeway at 60 to 65 mph. No odd noises...yet. Headlights great in deer country. The graphic displays are educational for power flow study and mileage display reads at 1 second, 1 minute and 15 minute intervals. Driving through public recreation areas on battery power is fun; no stinky exhaust; little noise...actually too quiet. Wife scares me pulling in the driveway when I'm working on the Explorer.

Great little hybrid
By suegross on 10/14/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

$3.00 gas got my attention and had me to look at hybrids. Am not a tree hugger-retired & trying to save some green! I drove many hybrid vehicles and all were impressive. The Escape looked and felt more like a typical car. Replaced 2002 Explorer V8 (15/19 MPG). Escape is averaging between 39 and 42 city & 33 miles highway driving from Destin to Cincinnati at 70+ mph. Ride is very comfortable and sufficient head room (6'2"). Acceleration is more than adequate. AC works very well in the normal mode. When waiting at a long light, the ac does not stay cold. Navigation system works well and is not distracting like the Prius. Sound system very good. Great visibility and easy to get in/out.

Love my AWD SUV hybrid
By alicep on 10/08/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 4.0 liter 2002 4X4 Ford Ranger for this SUV. I had stopped driving my truck because the gas mileage was 14mpg. I only drove it to the mountains and then three people didn't fit comfortably. I can't wait to take this in the snow. I've had this vehicle 4 months and love it. It's so smooth and it's fun trying to keep it on electric. But I miss peeling out like I did in my truck and no more doughnuts in the snow! The power took a little getting used to. It doesn't throw you back in the seat when you step on it, but it gets up and goes so smoothly you don't even notice the acceleration.

Great SUV gas mileage!
By Cheryl K on 09/23/06 05:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As an owner of 4 SUVS and ready to get rid of one I decided to look into getting the Escape Hybrid SUV for its gas mileage. I bought the AWD upgraded 2007 gold Escape with grey leather seats (no option in leather color), rear beeping system, moonroof and navigation. The interior is almost as nice as my 2005 Gold Expedition Limited and the ride is smooth and pickup is fine. It's not as roomy as my Expedition but it's comfortable. I love the gas mileage and am averaging 30 mpg which is double my Expedition. It's a very quiet running vehicle and sometimes at a stop light it's on battery and I don't think it's even on but it is when I press the gas! And it also holds my four golden retrievers!

Going Green in Texas
By Teri & Jim on 09/22/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving 1000 miles to see our son in college in our Jeep Wrangler we found we had averaged 16.94 gallons per mile. When we got home, Israel had just bombed Lebanon - that was it, the oil situation could not be getting better so it was time to go green! We purchased our 2007 Ford Escape in July of 2006 and have loved every minute of it. Yes the tax credit has now allowed us to discontinue our income tax from being withheld from our paychecks for the rest of the year (based on IRS estimates of what we've already paid in) but we love the competition to see who can drive the farthest without the gas kicking in, and we really enjoy saving the environment!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.