2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
New SUV
By Steve on 09/06/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

New vehicle for me but so far I'm thrilled. Nice ride and feels solid. Could have a nicer interior but I like that it is configured like a normal vehicle unlike the Prius which has monitor off to the side. Really good power and easy to maneuver. Going around curves did not feel top heavy to me unlike what I've read in reviews. Does have a whiny engine noise when going up steep hills but not so bad that it bothers me.

Better than I expected!
By Roy on 09/04/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Once I started driving my Escape I realized how easily it really handles. It can turn on a dime and it steers very easily. The navigation system is superb! The ride is comfortable and the gas mileage improves as you put on more miles. I have obtained an "In Town" mileage of 34 mpg. On long trips I average close to 32 mpg.

Not for Houston
By MG on 08/30/06 07:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car is generally OK. Gas mileage less than advertised -- no surprise -- but far better than my SUV we traded in. Interior has little storage and few amenities. Air conditioning compressor shuts down when the car is powered by the electric motor only, causing extreme discomfort in Houston summer traffic jams and at stop lights. Can get around it by going to Max AC manually, but then you're on the gas engine, considerably reducing gas mileage. This is not a car for hot, humid climates.

I Love This Car
By tnsnick12345 on 08/06/06 23:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It drives great like a car and is practical. It gives me a lot of room to work with while not being a gas hog, like my previous SUV's. It is a pleasant surprise out on the open road and is pretty fun.

A Mean Green Machine
By Dan on 07/30/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Plenty of power for on and off freeways plus passing at highway speeds. Power management system is seamless and CVT transmission is so smooth. Comfortable ride and satisfactorily quiet. The current $2600 federal tax credit makes this vehicle's total cost to own reasonable. Overall this vehicle is fun to drive, and the best hybrid value in the market.

Best for the money right now
By woooosh on 07/17/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my 2007 hybrid last week and love it. It's a little more noisy that my Mercedes ML320 was but a lot quieter than our Nissan Xterra. I got $500 off the sticker which is rare given the demand for these. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a satellite radio option on the high-end navigation/radio system. Oh well. I think there will be a lot of other SUV hybrids soon so this car is to hold me a few years until something I like comes out. I wasn't going to shell out $60K for the Lexus hybrid.

Room for all & CARGO!
By Joel on 06/06/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Terrific small SUV to drive. I am very surprised of the power (when you need it) with both the batteries and the 4 cylinder gas engine kicking in. It does not take very long at all for the generators to recharge the batteries either. It's not just a small commuter car, there is actually room to take people & luggage to the airport, vacations, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.