2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Love it!
By Pirate on 04/06/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 15,000 miles on our Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD). The average gas mileage is 29.3 MPG which is within the EPA estimate for this SUV. My wife and I love the SUV. I did all the research at the time comparing the Escape with all the other SUV on the market in its class and am more than happy that we purchased the Escape Hybrid. The SUV has been great so far the only exception is I wish the door gaskets would be heavy duty as they can be damaged fairly easily just through normal usage. Both front doors show wear on their door gaskets. The driver's side was replaced several months ago. Other than that it's a great SUV. Actually it's fun to drive. Great SUV. Thanks Ford. Just love it!

Don't believe the fuel estimate!
By Mark on 10/27/07 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2007 Hybrid FWD is rated at 36mpg in the city. Don't believe it! Almost all my driving is in the city. I get only 23-24mpg. Even turning the A/C off adds only 1mpg. The Ford dealer said it needed to be driven for 2,000-3,000 miles to be broken in before the mileage would improve. After 5,000 the mileage is still the same. I know you never get the rated mpg, but 30%+ less is fraud!

Ford beats Toyota on this one!
By rwolf01 on 10/26/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned Toyotas for 20 years and love my Prius, but Toyota blew it with the Highlander Hybrid. It's too big and the mileage just isn't good enough. In college I swore I'd never own another American car, but the Escape Hybrid turned me around. It's brilliant. With the 4WD it goes anywhere I want including rough dirt roads and deep snow.... and it gets 50% better mileage than my old 4- runner. I've tried to break it. I took it fast and fully loaded up a steep mountain highway to see if I could run the battery down.... no way. It just works. I get an honest 28-30 MPG average with the 4WD. Avoid the factory Nav system. Buy a Garmin instead.

Good Performance, Fun to drive SUV
By Dani B on 07/02/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Ford Escape hybrid, it looks great, is fun to drive, and gets pretty good gas mileage. I usually get around 28-30 mpg, and I am usually in the 28 range. I wish the gas mileage was a little bit better. The inside is nice and it is a solid car.

Crazy if you don't buy one
By 928s4t on 06/08/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am getting 35 miles a gallon, yet I am driving a SUV that is comfortable and looks good. It does not get better than that. I am looking to buy a second (used) Escape. No serious complaints, however, it would be nice if you could add the MP3 option to the factory Navigation/radio setup. The 2008 might be quieter, but I like the looks for the 2007 better.

Great mileage from an SUV
By BikerDan on 05/07/07 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this to replace a '95 Grand Cherokee and an '04 Grand Prix. Mileage has varied from 26mpg freeway to 33mpg city. Power from a stop is a little weak. Passing power is very capable. Ride is a little bouncy. Handling is a little unstable above 70mph. Below that, it's acceptable for an SUV. Cabin is a little noisy, but no worse than the Grand Prix. Headroom/legroom in both front and back are good. I'm 6'2" and even with the moonroof I still have headroom. 4 wheel disc brakes are very good, but have an odd, nonlinear feel to them. Any doubts about it? Ask for a 24- hour test drive. One day of commuting with it sold me on the Ford Escape Hybrid!

Save gas, save planet and looking good too
By 4Mom 2go on 05/01/07 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my '02 Eddie Bauer Explorer for '07 Escape hybrid. I doubled my mileage. Love the NAV system and real time gas mileage gauge. Keeps me from being a lead foot. Avg 31 mpg in mixed driving. The key is no rabbit starts and using less brake and more coasting to get to a red light I like exterior of '07, but the interior of the '08. Buttons and gauges are placed better in the '08. Also '08 has better nooks for interior storage. But'exterior styling of the '07 is more to my taste. The '08 exterior seems like a throwback to the late '90s Explorers, especially with its grille. Overall very pleased with my purchase, including the mpg and acceleration.

Fun to drive, worth every penny
By Rob on 05/01/07 11:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought this Escape Hybrid a couple weeks ago. Not only is it fun to drive, the mileage more than makes up for the slightly higher price. I get about 30 mpg, but mpg probably depends on how you drive. Faster acceleration means less battery use and lower mpg (my wife used it for a couple days and the onboard calculator showed 27.7 mpg). I have the FWD, so if you get 4WD, expect lower mileage. With the $2,600 tax credit, the hybrid only costs a little more than the 18 to 20 mpg regular Escape.

Terrible fuel mileage
By GI JOE on 04/10/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I average 21 mpg with a best of 24.3. I brought the SUV into Ford and they claim it gets 31.3mpg. I had an independent garage test it and it was 21 mpg. I checked it manually, and the on board PC fuel is on the money, 21 mpg. I have the AWD model and no matter what I do or how much I baby it I cannot get better than 24.3. The engine runs if any accessories are on. The engine also kicks in after 25 mph and right away if any upgrade. Overall I like the Escape hybrid, but I feel cheated after paying an extra $12,000 to be green. Figure 20% less mileage off EPA listing and the nav stinks. Maybe Ford should see what Toyota is offering. I own 2 new Fords but don't think I will again.

Happy Hybrid
By gpcpilot on 04/04/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love my new '07 Escape Hybrid. The "Refire" metallica paint virtually glows, catches admiring looks from folks and doesn't show dirt too readily. I do quite a bit of highway and mixed driving. I'm currently getting about 31.8 mpg, which I'm ecstatic about. That's twice the mileage I got from my 2001 V6 Ranger, the Escape replaced. The trucklette is roomy, pretty comfortable and fairly peppy. I see a long relationship with this little SUV.