2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Have You Experienced This?

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Have You Experienced This?
By petsitter711 on

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid in Sept. of 2010 with 30K miles. Have driven it 90 days now, and lately, I "feel" more of a surge when I brake and/or accelerate and it changes from the electric mode to the gas. It didn't seem like I "felt" that surge before. Took it to the dealer (unfortunately I ended up purchasing it from a Toyota dealership, not a Ford), and they said that the computer indicated there was nothing wrong with it. Hummm, I don't believe them?!! Any thoughts on this? Also, my gas mileage went down from 34 mpg city when I first purchased it to 28 mpg city now. I live in Illinois if that makes any difference. Anyone know anything about this?
By dogzday
on 06/16/12 08:16 AM (PDT)

bought a 2007 with 119k miles ..no problems at test drive....drove about 1500 miles and started having problems with the 4x4 gear which is continuously engaged. started to rattle when gas paddle is released on highway. the parts and labor cost me $1900. also at full tank of gas it says 400 miles to empty but its empty at 300 miles, means it does only 22 mpg...the dealer is checking the problem. I hope its not the hybrid battery .