2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
2nd 2007 Escape Hybrid, going strong
By draidr1 on 03/29/14 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Background: Bought a used 2007 Escape Hybrid at a dealership still under warranty and it was an excellent purchase. Great Gas mileage, excellent handling, roomy, good use of storage. Sadly, it was totaled in wreck caused by driver not paying attention while on a cell phone. I turned around and bought the same model, same year Escape Hybrid because I loved it. Both vehicles have been excellent for me throughout the years and besides the maintenance costs, I've had minimal costs except for a pricey emissions sensor that went out on me recently. I've taken care of it and its taken care of me.

126,000 miles still 30 mpg & a Great Car
By revrok on 02/15/12 15:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am currently at 126,000 miles and loving my 2007 Escape Limited Hybrid. Getting 30 mpg in all around driving and have had very few problems with the vehicle. I did have the cooling fan issue mentioned at 110,000 just out of warranty, but otherwise I am very happy. My dealer service department also crows about the reliability as they are servicing taxis at over 400,000 miles!

Will not honor warranty
By skydiver1 on 02/05/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The high voltage battery cooling fans are under warranty for 8 years, 100,000 miles. Ford will not honor this warranty and I had to spend over $900 to get this fixed. Others have gotten Ford to honor this exact warrantied item after much runaround. I will be taking Ford Motor Company to small claims court very soon.

Have You Experienced This?
By petsitter711 on 01/26/11 17:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid in Sept. of 2010 with 30K miles. Have driven it 90 days now, and lately, I "feel" more of a surge when I brake and/or accelerate and it changes from the electric mode to the gas. It didn't seem like I "felt" that surge before. Took it to the dealer (unfortunately I ended up purchasing it from a Toyota dealership, not a Ford), and they said that the computer indicated there was nothing wrong with it. Hummm, I don't believe them?!! Any thoughts on this? Also, my gas mileage went down from 34 mpg city when I first purchased it to 28 mpg city now. I live in Illinois if that makes any difference. Anyone know anything about this?

Good, for a while.
By Joseph Espinoza on 06/08/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owning a Hybrid Escape was fun during the first 6 months. After that, it started going pretty south fast. The mileage started getting poorer even after its scheduled services, replacing filters, changing tires. The door lock actuator on the driver's side went out. Every once in a while it will work, but in an emergency, your at risk of not being able to get inside your car quick because you have to manually unlock it. Lights on the Gauge Cluster go out sometimes, cant even tell how fast your going at night. 63,000 miles right now, our water pump went out, $1200 for the repair. This car has been a burden on us.

Almost Perfect, Mileage Is the Winner!
By Northern Lights on 11/04/09 09:16 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good: 4th year of ownership. No repairs or rattles after 40,000 miles of mixed paved, gravel roads. Outstanding fuel mileage, electric mode at reasonable speeds for a couple of minutes, uses regular gas. Great road view, backup sensors, nimble steering feel, back seat comfort, storage, low wind noise, feels more powerful than it's wee motors add up to. Good 4WD snow handler. Dislikes: VERY bad rear wheel fender flare destroyed by gravel from front tires, paint almost gone there. Goofy CD player under seat. Tiresome on long drives from buzzy engine and "light" feel on higher speed turns. Awkward heated seat switches, hard to find and use. NAV system is ugly and inaccurate. No air temp display

Ford Quality & Gas Mileage Too
By BPjunkies on 08/20/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought this car new as it was unloaded from the truck. My wife loves everything about it and wants to trade it in on a new one since they changed the body style. At first we used to just go for drives to see how high we could get the MPG value on the screen. We have seen high 50s for short drives but average in the upper 20s. It provides everything my wife wanted; She sits up high, it is extremely reliable, it gets great gas mileage, and she likes driving it.

Best of the Best
By Jim Roberts on 11/17/08 05:21 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am a true car person. I have owned way to many new cars over the years and this is truly the best. The first thing to do for gas mileage is to change the air filter to the K&N. Use Mobil 1 oil and my mileage has ran as high as 41MPG when trying. I get a constant 30MPG when my wife drives and that is great. She just drives and does not worry about mileage. She has never gotten any better than 17MPG with any other car that she has had both large and small cars of many makes and models. Thank you Ford for taking a large step for fuel. The others have a lot of catching up to do. Ford rules

Love it!
By Pirate on 04/06/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 15,000 miles on our Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD). The average gas mileage is 29.3 MPG which is within the EPA estimate for this SUV. My wife and I love the SUV. I did all the research at the time comparing the Escape with all the other SUV on the market in its class and am more than happy that we purchased the Escape Hybrid. The SUV has been great so far the only exception is I wish the door gaskets would be heavy duty as they can be damaged fairly easily just through normal usage. Both front doors show wear on their door gaskets. The driver's side was replaced several months ago. Other than that it's a great SUV. Actually it's fun to drive. Great SUV. Thanks Ford. Just love it!

Don't believe the fuel estimate!
By Mark on 10/27/07 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2007 Hybrid FWD is rated at 36mpg in the city. Don't believe it! Almost all my driving is in the city. I get only 23-24mpg. Even turning the A/C off adds only 1mpg. The Ford dealer said it needed to be driven for 2,000-3,000 miles to be broken in before the mileage would improve. After 5,000 the mileage is still the same. I know you never get the rated mpg, but 30%+ less is fraud!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.