By 3rd Escape;1st hybri on
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is our third Escape, but first Hybrid. We love it. The quietness, non-pollution in Houston traffic, and electronic read-out system are great! It is a shock to people in parking lots to have a vehicle move without engine noise when in the electric function. I am proud not to be adding to the polluted air in Houston. It does fine on the interstate, also. The gasoline mileage improved after the first month, as we were told it would. The green color is pretty; my favorite Escape color was yellow. With oil uncertainty, I have done my part. It is important to me that we can still carry more cargo than if it were a smaller hybrid. We need that flexibility. No lifestyle change.
Favorite Features
Quietness, gas utilization, electronic readouts, small SUV configuration and flexibility, non-pollution of the air, comfort of the seats, warning sound when backing & being higher off the road than smaller vehicles. We are former Volvo drivers-must have sharp steering, great brakes & stability.
Suggested Improvements
I was not aware of the seat warmer button and pushed it without knowing it. Of course, for my climate, it is a feature not needed. Now, I know to avoid that button! A larger gas tank would be appreciated if we have to evacuate again for a hurricane.