2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Not A Bad Choice

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

Not A Bad Choice
By Brian on

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this vehicle because I wanted the functionality and style of a SUV but the gas mileage of a car. I have been very pleased so far. The air conditioner only works well when the engine is running, so in the hot summer days of the South you must leave it on max and forgo the electricity. But as the engine is supplemented by the battery you still get great gas mileage with the air on max. It averages about 27.5 on the highway at 75mph. In the city I get about 30 to 32 with the air on max. Overall I am happy with the purchase, but since it is hard to find, dealers WILL NOT give you a deal. You MUST pay the sticker price -- *OUCH*.

Favorite Features

Very stylish interior. The controls are easy to read and understand. Navigation system is easy to use and pretty accurate. Moonroof is a really big plus.

Suggested Improvements

Need to incorporate a place to put change & space to store CDs. Arm rests in seats themselves would be nice too instead of relying on the center console. My model doesn't have automatic off/on headlights. This should be standard. Don't like having to take off headrests to fold down back seat.