I bought the other lemon
By Sarahfromsc on
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I traded in a Lincoln Continental over Labor Day weekend and have had it in the shop twice already. While on a trip I had the electrical hazard warning light come on, and thus far, Ford has flown up engineers to look at the vehicle to no avail. It makes an ungodly whiny/grindy noise when moving forward. I can't fill the gas tank up completely, and the RPMs went crazy while on my trip. The transition between gas and electric is not seamless, and sometimes the electric motor does NOT kick in when going under 25 mph or at stop lights, etc. I believe in the Hybrid, wanted it, gave up lots that I had with the Lincoln but I do believe I got a lemon. I just want one that works!
Favorite Features
I love the body style, the look of the truck the sound system is good, gas usage is ok. I am not getting what I had hoped for (but that could be due to problems that I am having with the particular vehicle). My husband loves the nav system (must be a male thing!)
Suggested Improvements
More tilt in the tilt steering, auto lights should be standard. The headrests in the back block my view leaving a big blind spot. Back window is also too small I think. Y'all need to build more soon to give consumers more exterior color choices, and other options! Wish I had the sunroof...