2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Ford Escape Hybrid Evaluation

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

Ford Escape Hybrid Evaluation
By john on

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is great. It is responsive and roomy, having all the attributes of my former Jeep without the ugly gas mileage and size. I especially love the display on the dash that tells me what the powertrain is doing at any time. I believe that this hybrid car has made me a much better driver, more conscious of mileage and more conscious of the virtues of driving smoothly and efficiently. But that doesn't mean that it does not have the pep and performance of an all gas powered vehicle. It has plenty. Over all, it is a joy to drive.

The info presentation on the dash is great. I like the leather upholstery and all the other features that do not seem to have been compromised because it happens to be a hybrid. Without putting the Prius down, it looks to me like a compromise with expected handling and safety characteristics.

Incorporate a plug in recharge feature so that the cross over point from electricity to gas might be raised and thus increase mileage even more.