Best decision I've made to date
By Rich Murphy on
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've driven my Escape Hybrid for about a month and a half and for about 2000 miles. I love it! The quiet drive during electric only mode is the greatest. I have had my best mpg just this week. To work at 5 am in the morning I achieved 32.1 mpg. Wow! In the heat of the day going home it is still impressive at 28.9. (in traffic and the A/C on). The navigation system is really cool. My bro-in-law and I have named it/her "Jen". The radio and the CD is awesome. The paint job is excellent and the fit and finish is excellent as well. This "truck" rides like a fine car and handles great. I love the gas reminder telling how much the thing will go before empty. I'd buy again in a heart beat.
Favorite Features
Paint job (dark shadow gray clearcoat metallic) The diagnostic system, the fuel reminder, the radio, CD, the Nav system (Jen) are the greatest. The leather interior is the most comfortable I've ever owned. The rear sensing system is a must for me from now on. The entire vehicle is primo!
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see the vehicle go longer on electric only mode, currently it's around 25 mph. Sometimes if there's no strain from the landscape it will go 30 before kicking on the engine. It's a bit odd you can't "rev" the engine. Need to be able to tow more weight. The 1000 max isn't enough to pull a pop up!