2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Best auto yet in my 57 years o

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Best auto yet in my 57 years of driving
By Ford Escape Hybrid on

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This auto is best by far than all the new autos I have owned. Starting is a snap. The gas engine does come on first. If you are willing to give the gas engine a chance to warm up, it's a plus. When you are finally ready to start it glides into motion like a boat does in the water. When you are in a lot looking for a space, the electric engine takes over and you ride effortlessly with no gas engine running, saving on gas. When at a stop the electric engine takes over. Whenever you accelerate it seems to have the power of a 6 cylinder engine; very peppy and then you glide down to a stop. I don't really care what the critics say about it I LOVE MY HYBRID!

My favorite feature is the quick start and a quick burst of power whenever you need it and a nice smooth drive whenever you need it.

Make GPS standard. I intend to add this my Hybrid as soon as I get the money. I will also like to see hands free cell phone. I would like to see something like OnStar.