2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
I was an SUV hater
By Steven on 06/16/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are very pleased with this vehicle. Not just because of outstanding mpg, but also because of it being an extremely environmentally clean car. It is also quite comfortable to travel in. We just completed a trim from Iowa to SE Pennsylvania and enjoyed the trip. Averaged 31 mpg highway driving, 65 mph steady with AC on. We had considered a Prius, but because of a bad back my wife was not comfortable sitting so low. The Escape is easier to get in and out of too.

bettys hybrid ford cvt
By betty drugas on 06/13/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Escape on April Fools Day 2006 hoping this would not be a joke I would regret. This Ford Escape Hybrid is no joke. It is fun to drive and the gas mileage is great not to mention the quality and design. Mileage so far has been about 30 miles a gallon combined city and freeway. Itís a little noisy at higher speeds of 50 plus but I will put up with that for all the other conveniences it has.

Pleased overall
By shane on 06/12/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle has cut my weekly fuel cost from $80 to $35. Thatís a $2600 yearly savings and I did not have to do anything other than change vehicles. The vehicle is comfy with plenty of amenities. My family is very pleased so far. I do not mind that these vehicles are not perfect and I am grateful that manufacturers are finally making a product that uses less fuel, cannot wait for improved models in the future.

SUV But Still Impressive
By Laura on 06/07/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Did really well for an suv-gas mileage wise. It only dropped about 1 and a half mpg when a/c was on continuous which is impressive considering the shape of the vehicle. You can only get so good of mileage in a suv.

Ford Escape Hybrid
By Steven on 06/06/06 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car is a little less than advertised. Mileage is only in the 29-30 range. Comfort is the same as Mustang in the earliest years; I owned one. Quality is the same. As the car ages in months, the windows sag, the dealer will not return calls for repairs even within the warranty period. Compared to Toyota, U.S. needs help.

SOME DAY ALL CARS WILL BE HYBRIDS
By BILL S on 06/06/06 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Actual mpg is just a little less than EPA estimates,very nice to find a suv with over 30mpg!

Will never change
By Blossom on 06/06/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had 2 Ford Escapes and decided to try the hybrid due to my traveling. It was mainly due to gas prices rising. I cant believe what a difference it has made in my fuel costs.The ride is wonderful and I have enjoyed learning how to use the navigation system. The warranty on both the engine and battery system is super. I haven't had a bit of trouble with the 2 previous Escapes and I don't expect any with this one!

Escape for less money
By Escape Owner on 06/06/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car rides very nicely. It has as much power as the V6 non hybrid Escape. It is roomy and comfortable.

4X4 Escape
By Crashboxx on 06/06/06 05:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very nice functional vehicle. I use it for work everyday; it is very dependable and you hardly notice the transfer from electric to gas while in motion. I get a lot of looks and questions which are also fun to field. May people want to see under the hood. When the truck shuts down in traffic and runs on electric only - took a little getting used too.

Great little hybrid
By Cindy on 06/03/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have only owned this vehicle for 4 months and 4,000 miles, but so far we are very satisfied. After reading a lot recently about inflated MPG ratings, I was a little worried, but so far we are getting 30-31 mpg which is exactly what it's supposed to get! We love the way it handles and accelerates and the display almost teaches you how to drive for maximum MPG. The nav system is great and the dogs love the room in back. We've gone on one road trip and have used the AWD a few times already with great results. Ford really should build more of these vehicles and do a lot better job of advertising, many people don't even know they exist and some still think they have to be plugged in at night!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.