2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Nice
By Dave on 07/08/06 15:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven the Escape in downtown Chicago and on the wide open interstate. 30mpg in Chicago and 29.5 at highway+ speeds. Runs very smooth with the CVT transmission. Nice to know I can fill it full of gear and get that good of mileage.

great car
By jon on 07/08/06 03:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Makes me a believer in hybrids. Great mileage (averages 30) and well built. Have had no problems. Only negative is the ride is a little hard but it is a 4 wheel drive small truck.

Great SUV
By scott on 06/28/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent all around vehicle with great versatility and real world fuel economy. Much better than any other competitor I looked at in terms of a complete package for the price.

I LOVE IT
By Nancy Smith on 06/27/06 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the most awesome vehicle I have ever owned. It is a practical size not some oversize behemoth. It handles really great, and you cannot knock the great fuel economy. It has plenty of power and the air conditioning is the best especially in Las Vegas during the summer. I love driving it everywhere

Wife Loves Hybrid Escape
By Jerry on 06/26/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned new 2006 AWD for 1 month. 32-33 MPG city driving, 28 mpg highway in first 100 miles. 15 Gallon tank means 400+ miles between fills. Mileage is improving and 100% operation on electric motor below 40 MPH is increasing as vehicle is broken in. Wife is a former Passat-325E BMW driver - she loves how the Escape handles. Handles better than expected in high winds.

Chilton
By chilton on 06/26/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Drives fine except for accelerating onto highway. I drove Explorers for years, so I'm getting used to a lighter-weight vehicle, but love the improved mileage. Still think the higher price in comparison to an Explorer makes the improved gas costs overrated. I have a problem with paying more (we also bought another Explorer) and receiving a lesser quality vehicle. My Hybrid payment is $100.00 more per month than our new Explorer. So it's give and take.

I cant believe its American
By Colorado flyfisher on 06/25/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Awesome vehicle. Great mileage, performance, and useability. This vehicle has been outstanding and clearly exceeded my expectations. Ford you got it right this time! I love driving by gas stations and waving.

Ford Escape Hybrid is a Piece of Junk
By Escape Hybrid on 06/24/06 16:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After all the hype, the 2006 Ford Hybrid is a cheaply built piece of junk. For one, the gas mileage is just not what you'd expect from a hybrid. After only 25MPH the engine kicks in. Think about it...even in city driving (which averages 35MPH), your going to engage the engine a LOT. Secondly, when using the air conditioner, the engine is engaged. So, if you live in the south -- you are really out of luck. Lastly, the darn vehicle is a very noisy. Compared to the Explorer, there is virtually no insulation to outside noise. Lastly, it is a rip off. Those I know who own a Ford Escape (non-hybrid) are getting about the same mileage as I with the hybrid -- 27MPH for about $5K more!

I was an SUV hater
By Steven on 06/16/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are very pleased with this vehicle. Not just because of outstanding mpg, but also because of it being an extremely environmentally clean car. It is also quite comfortable to travel in. We just completed a trim from Iowa to SE Pennsylvania and enjoyed the trip. Averaged 31 mpg highway driving, 65 mph steady with AC on. We had considered a Prius, but because of a bad back my wife was not comfortable sitting so low. The Escape is easier to get in and out of too.

bettys hybrid ford cvt
By betty drugas on 06/13/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Escape on April Fools Day 2006 hoping this would not be a joke I would regret. This Ford Escape Hybrid is no joke. It is fun to drive and the gas mileage is great not to mention the quality and design. Mileage so far has been about 30 miles a gallon combined city and freeway. ItÂ’s a little noisy at higher speeds of 50 plus but I will put up with that for all the other conveniences it has.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.