Used 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

A Joy to Own
By Gene

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This has been a great vehicle. I feel that I have more than gotten my money's worth. With an average of 35.6mpg in both city and highway driving up and down hills, I can not be happier. The tax credits were a plus but I would buy this again in a heartbeat. Too bad they do not make a Mustang Hybrid. I would buy that too.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, comfort, moonroof, navigation.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 upgrade

Had to trade it in
By dina k

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted an Escape Hybrid since they came out and finally got one. I stupidly didn't realize the importance of getting the 4WD version. Its hard tires handle well below average in any kind of slick/snowy conditions. The truck told me the tires were under pressure when it was cold out and that the passenger door was ajar when it reached below freezing temps. Finally had to get rid of it when the dealership told me they couldn't fix the loud squeeking coming from the front drivers side brake.

Favorite Features

Huge tax return! 32mpg and I liked the outside styling.

Suggested Improvements

Very plain interior. Sometimes seemed top heavy when turning. Very bad handling in the snow for the 2wd.

Thrives in Traffic
By R. Lee

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford Escape Hybrid thrives best in traffic driving, no matter where it is. Open highway gas mileage a bit lower than expected, yet better than any other comparable SUVs in its class. Want to buy the 2008 because it looks even "beefier" outside. Only complaint: rear trunk carpet does not hold well, slide furniture or a heavy box into the back and the carpet slides with it exposing the 330amp battery.

Favorite Features

Navigation, instrumentation, plug outlet, fold down accomodates my 2 dogs very well.

Suggested Improvements

Secure the rear trunk carpet so it won't slide around.

Best fun to drive SUV
By Alan Kornweiss

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first SUV I've ever owned and I'm very glad that I bought this one. It's fun to drive and the gas mileage is terrific,which is why I purchased it. I drive about 80 miles a day back and forth to work and the realibility has been great. I change the oil about every 8,000 miles and use synthetic oil as the factory reeommends. It has proven to be a great vehicle for me. I did a lot of research before purchasing this vehicle and when I read that it has Toyota technology that made my decision even easier. My last car was a Toyota Camry and it was the best car I had ever owned. If you want a fun to drive SUV I recommend this one. Great!

Favorite Features

Great driving in the snow and on the beach too with the 4 wheel drive. Very peppy for a hybrid SUV. I really love driving this vehicle. I recommend this SUV to anyone who wants to drive a fun and reliable vehicle with great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

I can't really find any fault with this SUV. I has pretty much everything you need for a compact SUV. The cargo area is very spacious even with the large battery that's under the carpet in the cargo area.

Sales
By Sales

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Anyone in the outside sales industry should think about getting this vehicle. You get 32 MPG in the city and about 29 MPG on the highway. I lug about 300 pounds of catalogs a day and still get this type of MPG. The price tag is the only problem with it over $25K if you factor that in you might want to think twice.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, Interior space, Fog lights, AWD Handles fantastic in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Price! Way too expensive!!