2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Bad fuel economy
By wayne on 12/04/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Ford Escape gets poor gas mileage for a hybrid. We're now down to 25 mpg. Our Ford dealership won't help. Ford Motor Company's help line did not work. I guess Ford is going to lose more market share.

I love my Escape Hybrid
By Bill on 11/29/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When gas prices began to climb I started looking for better fuel economy. A friend suggested looking at hybrids. The local Ford dealer had one in stock. I test drove it and fell in love. The gas mileage I get is in line with the EPA estimate. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. I just wish it had the navigation system. I haven't had one problem with it. When/if this one wears out I'll get another.

Hybrid adventure
By Alex on 11/29/06 07:12 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my Ford Escape Hybrid in December 2005 - including luxury package (because I wanted the sunroof). Excellent comfort for me (6"5" - 240lb) and fun to drive - I regularly get 33 mpg around town. Less mpg (28 - 29) on highway, especially when pulling my small boat when it can be as low as 24. However, to get good mileage around town you have to drive carefully - no gunning away from lights etc.

Awesome
By D.Wit on 11/18/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For an SUV, it's a great little truck. The hybrid/gas electric gets 35mpg, has room for 5 plus your stuff. Handles great in the mountains. Has 16 in. wheels stock, so you sit high to see well. It's just fun to drive! It doesn't look like a hybrid...looks sporty. It's my wife's truck, but I'm 6.2 and 260lb and comfortable driving it.

Fine Vehicle Even in Houston
By CG on 10/24/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was nervous about purchasing new automotive technology but I have been completely satisfied by the reliability and performance of the Ford Escape Hybrid. As another reviewer noted, in hot humid climates like Houston where use of MAX AC is mandatory, the gas engine runs, reducing gas mileage. For the other 5 months of fall/winter/spring that we have, the SUV is blast! All year round it performs like a 6 cylinder SUV. The exterior and interior finishes are of good quality.

Excellent, fuel saving vehicle
By BKmonkey on 10/17/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What an excellent vehicle - great response when driving and nice fuel savings. For folks wanting the space and feel of a SUV - with superb fuel economy - this is your car.

Ford Escape Hybrid Fun To Own
By Sammy on 10/14/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the Escape for almost 14 months. It is fun to drive and is great on gas. I have had no problems and am happy that I am driving a Green vehicle.

'06 Escape at 7700 miles
By Horatio on 10/04/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the only vehicle I know of that exceeds the EPA window posting. If one modifies driving habits, the 4X4 Escape will return 34 MPG hwy and 31 MPG city. Fit and finish better that my neighbor's Honda Accord. Ride unexpectedly good for size of vehicle. Very quiet except when 2.3 is revving, and only then is engine noticeable. Transition from electric to gas is almost seamless. Cruise control on long trips returns better MPG than not using cruise control. Nits are lack of steering wheel adjustments & unlighted cruise controls.

So Far to Go, So Little Gas
By Peter on 10/03/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Escape is still very new, and still delights me. I bought it for its fuel economy, size, and greenness. Fuel economy was rated at 33 city, 29 highway. Highway and city combined have averaged well over 33 with the majority being highway miles. I lose about 2 tenths of a mile when starting out cold in the morning and evening after work. I then make that up if I can drive far enough. Economy when cold is awful. The engine runs until the engine is warm and the battery is fully charged. At that point the fun begins to see how long I can keep it running on electric alone. Kind of challenging but for a vehicle that weighs 4750 pounds it's great.

BILL'S HYBRID ESCAPE
By Bill in Georgetown on 09/18/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

While driving my Escape hybrid 4x4 without A/C on, I was getting 27.4 mpg. Not too bad (for a combination highway/city) I think, however, not close to the 33 mpg as indicated on the sticker. The hybrid has a lot of zip off the line, but I must back off on the gas pedal while the cvt tranny moves up to a higher speed (not a big deal though). It's fun to drive. Parallel parking is a breeze.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.