2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Couldn't be happier
By wildtexas on 01/17/07 03:54 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle is fun to drive and provides superb gas mileage for a small size SUV -- better than even the 1992 Toyota Corolla it replaced in our family. We have a premium, fully-loaded Ford Escape Hybrid with moonroof, leather seats and the GPS Nav, and we couldn't be happier.

Escape Hybrid
By Marcus on 01/05/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is awesome except that the cruise control is overpowered at times and actually reduced fuel efficiency. A good addition would be to have a cruise control that operates based on rpm's instead.

Disappointment to acceptance
By Tony D'Onofrio on 12/28/06 04:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned by Ford Escape Hybrid since Oct of 2004 - the first ever sold by my dealership. Gas mileage was VERY disappointing in my first year: Average 21 mpg city but 28 mpg highway. Live in a hilly town & every hill, the gas has to kick in; plus almost every pothole caused my foot to slip & kick-in the gas motor, etc. Also, colder weather requires MUCH longer "warm-up" time (5 to 10 minutes more) in the morning before the electric motor will ever kick in. Have learned tricks to up mileage, i.e, run AC or heat on minimum to avoid using gas (defroster always requires gas) ,coasting down hills, etc. Still only getting 24 mpg city & 29 highway. Better than my last car but not nearly what was promised.

Bad fuel economy
By wayne on 12/04/06 13:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Ford Escape gets poor gas mileage for a hybrid. We're now down to 25 mpg. Our Ford dealership won't help. Ford Motor Company's help line did not work. I guess Ford is going to lose more market share.

I love my Escape Hybrid
By Bill on 11/29/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When gas prices began to climb I started looking for better fuel economy. A friend suggested looking at hybrids. The local Ford dealer had one in stock. I test drove it and fell in love. The gas mileage I get is in line with the EPA estimate. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. I just wish it had the navigation system. I haven't had one problem with it. When/if this one wears out I'll get another.

Hybrid adventure
By Alex on 11/29/06 07:12 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought my Ford Escape Hybrid in December 2005 - including luxury package (because I wanted the sunroof). Excellent comfort for me (6"5" - 240lb) and fun to drive - I regularly get 33 mpg around town. Less mpg (28 - 29) on highway, especially when pulling my small boat when it can be as low as 24. However, to get good mileage around town you have to drive carefully - no gunning away from lights etc.

Awesome
By D.Wit on 11/18/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

For an SUV, it's a great little truck. The hybrid/gas electric gets 35mpg, has room for 5 plus your stuff. Handles great in the mountains. Has 16 in. wheels stock, so you sit high to see well. It's just fun to drive! It doesn't look like a hybrid...looks sporty. It's my wife's truck, but I'm 6.2 and 260lb and comfortable driving it.

Fine Vehicle Even in Houston
By CG on 10/24/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was nervous about purchasing new automotive technology but I have been completely satisfied by the reliability and performance of the Ford Escape Hybrid. As another reviewer noted, in hot humid climates like Houston where use of MAX AC is mandatory, the gas engine runs, reducing gas mileage. For the other 5 months of fall/winter/spring that we have, the SUV is blast! All year round it performs like a 6 cylinder SUV. The exterior and interior finishes are of good quality.

Excellent, fuel saving vehicle
By BKmonkey on 10/17/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What an excellent vehicle - great response when driving and nice fuel savings. For folks wanting the space and feel of a SUV - with superb fuel economy - this is your car.

Ford Escape Hybrid Fun To Own
By Sammy on 10/14/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the Escape for almost 14 months. It is fun to drive and is great on gas. I have had no problems and am happy that I am driving a Green vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.