2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Thrives in Traffic
By R. Lee on 05/07/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Ford Escape Hybrid thrives best in traffic driving, no matter where it is. Open highway gas mileage a bit lower than expected, yet better than any other comparable SUVs in its class. Want to buy the 2008 because it looks even "beefier" outside. Only complaint: rear trunk carpet does not hold well, slide furniture or a heavy box into the back and the carpet slides with it exposing the 330amp battery.

Best fun to drive SUV
By Alan Kornweiss on 05/01/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first SUV I've ever owned and I'm very glad that I bought this one. It's fun to drive and the gas mileage is terrific,which is why I purchased it. I drive about 80 miles a day back and forth to work and the realibility has been great. I change the oil about every 8,000 miles and use synthetic oil as the factory reeommends. It has proven to be a great vehicle for me. I did a lot of research before purchasing this vehicle and when I read that it has Toyota technology that made my decision even easier. My last car was a Toyota Camry and it was the best car I had ever owned. If you want a fun to drive SUV I recommend this one. Great!

Sales
By Sales on 04/02/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Anyone in the outside sales industry should think about getting this vehicle. You get 32 MPG in the city and about 29 MPG on the highway. I lug about 300 pounds of catalogs a day and still get this type of MPG. The price tag is the only problem with it over $25K if you factor that in you might want to think twice.

Hybrid? Yeah right!
By Mike on 03/26/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gas mileage is VERY disappointing! The car has been in over 10 times for various issues. The shocks were replaced at 4,000 miles. The car needed a full alignment at 4,500 miles. I have another appointment tomorrow to investigate the terrible gas mileage, noises when turning, gas fume smells and the infamous 'clicking' noise in the rear has appeared again. If you are looking for an Escape - go for it! Just do NOT get the Hybrid! I had a regular Escape when they first came out and was great. Ford just doesn't have this down yet.

GREAT BUT...
By RickeyBee on 03/04/07 17:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the way the Hybrid drives; the 2 wheel drive gets super mileage (30+ city and highway). The visibility, acceleration, and handling are good. The quality of materials, particularly in the interior, is not. The rear storage area carpet is constantly coming loose. It covers the batteries and must be moved for maintenance. Unfortunately, it is not attached down by anything...not even Velcro. So whenever I slide a box into the back the carpet pulls up. The quality of the carpet is also not good; it is already looking shabby after only 9 months. I wore a hole in the floor mat within 30 days (not covered by warranty). The speedometer has very poor lighting and is hard to read at night.

Really disappointed
By Barb Lovell on 03/04/07 08:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

SORRY I got it. Noisy, poor dash lights, minimal defrost and heating in north, faulty disc player, electric glitch (lost power steering 3 times), and mileage OVER ESTIMATED! At best I get 27 miles at 40 mph. Also because I wanted leather seats, I had to buy GPS which was not needed, It was part of the package offered.

Suprise!
By Charlie Ca$h on 01/29/07 15:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really enjoy my hybrid. I got it for my wife to go to work and to run my kid around Atlanta. We have saved a great deal of money on gas. Now we challenge each other on who can get the best gas mileage. The tax credit is also great! Plus we got the zero percent interest rate from Ford.

2006 Ford Escape
By Pete Hunt on 01/19/07 17:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gas mileage is not as great as expected but my previous Ford was an F-150 (V-8) so it was an improvement in the pockets.

Couldn't be happier
By wildtexas on 01/17/07 03:54 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle is fun to drive and provides superb gas mileage for a small size SUV -- better than even the 1992 Toyota Corolla it replaced in our family. We have a premium, fully-loaded Ford Escape Hybrid with moonroof, leather seats and the GPS Nav, and we couldn't be happier.

Escape Hybrid
By Marcus on 01/05/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is awesome except that the cruise control is overpowered at times and actually reduced fuel efficiency. A good addition would be to have a cruise control that operates based on rpm's instead.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.